Digital Radio - Content

Spring Racing Carnival.

3 Likes

Usual thing outside of football season (not just carnival season). SEN Sydney will likely do the same thing after this week.

3 Likes

I noticed Elf Radio has commenced broadcasting again. When does this usually launch?

4 Likes

I heard Australia today from Canberra. Is it back ? Or never left Canberra DAB ?

3 Likes

A few changes on DAB+ in Melbourne:

• Nova NationNoughties is back on DAB+ and replaces Smooth Vintage, which has gone.
  • Smooth FM’s name has changed slightly so that it is now after Smooth Relax rather than before.
  • Smooth Vintage is still available via the web etc.
6 Likes

Please bring back NovaNation nationally AND on Saturday nights on FM please!!!

4 Likes

Novanation, as in the Dance station? Is it playing IDs? Do you have a recordings? :smiley:

1 Like

Nova Noughties I’m afraid.
Screenshot_4

Shame, I was really liking Smooth Vintage.

Edit: actually listened through the ad break - it’s still Smooth Vintage, just wrong name. Hopefully it’s the name that’s wrong, not the station.

4 Likes

Correction, it was Nova Noughties!!

1 Like

Boooooooo :-1:

I was really hoping it’d be the return of dance radio with Gorilla, Dance Hits, Blender Beats and NovaNation.

4 Likes

Not that it’s my cup of tea but why did they kill off NovaNation? It seemed very popular and provided a unique format. Were they worried it was taking listeners away from the main Nova FM? Seems dumb not keep it.

Actually Nova seem the worst at screwing around with their DAB offerings. The way they chop and change the Smooth DAB stations is ridiculous.

4 Likes

I don’t understand why they didn’t keep Nova Noughties and Nova 10s and added Smooth Vintage in Melbourne and Sydney, on 32kbps.

1 Like

It was a brilliant idea for its time. Have NovaNation on DAB+ and then promote it by having it on FM on weekend nights. A great way to cross-promote when DAB+ was still relatively new.

From memory, NovaNation had quite good programming as well. Not just wall to wall music.

3 Likes

I assume Nova nation was killed off due to a small audience and with the launch of Coles Radio. It was a very good decision if you look at the numbers that Coles Radio have in terms of cume. It’s consistently one of the top rating DAB stations and the playlist has a good variety IMO.

2 Likes

Yea on my Sangean DAB+ Pocket Radio. Smooth Vintage is being listed as NovaNout in Melbourne

Nova Entertainment needs to fix that

2 Likes

SBS have added a popup station for the FIFA World Cup - with ‘SBS Football 1’ being added. Seems to be playing football themed music in between promos.

Their scrolling text seems to be broken as well, PopAsia isn’t updating track titles, and the other stations don’t seem to be accurate either.

And a follow up on the above - Smooth Vintage is now back to the correct name.

5 Likes

4 Likes

Is that on TV too?

1 Like

So Nova Noughties has been replaced again, by Smooth Vintage, in Melbourne? What a great way to confuse listeners.

Also, I thought SEN had the audio rights for the FIFA WC? Correct me if I’m wrong.

2 Likes

Nova Noughties never returned once Smooth Vintage replaced it, it was merely an issue with the metadata.

7 Likes