Did They Really Just Play That?

Triple M today ; “Praise You” by Fatboy Slim. I don’t think it’s really a rock hit, more dance/pop

1 Like

IIRC, Triple M played that song when it was a hit back in 1999, particularly on its evening program. While I’m at it, I remember them playing “Stan” by Eminem back in late 2000/early 2001 when it was a hit.

1 Like

Yes, I’m sure I’ve heard Triple M play Fatboy Slim before.

The first song MMM Melbourne played in 2004 (or was it 2005) was Hey Ya by Outkast, certainly NOT a rock band.

1 Like

Sunchyme- DARIO G

WS FM. A good song, however, it illustrates just how far WS have gone down the 90s road. It makes me feel like a worthless old codger, quite frankly :smiley: .

2 Likes

Oh join the club :slight_smile:

But let’s face it, the 90s were 20 years ago!

It’s like being in 1987 listening to a song on the radio from 1967. You couldn’t argue that would belong on a classic hits station at the time.

I still think though that songs from the 80s will outlive 90s songs generally speaking.

3 Likes

Coco Jamboo- MR. PRESIDENT :scream:.

Double J, as part of their 90s music extravaganza in June. This atrocity was never played on JJJ, so why dig it up now?

3 Likes

92.7 Mix FM as part of GM54K played an hour of Celine Dion this morning, including Power of Love, Because You Loved Me and It’s All Coming Back To Me Now

I heard ghostbusters on 2ch.

1 Like

so who you gonna call?

1 Like

Haha. Yeah I dont know if smooth would play that song. Happy 2CH is not all sleepy music.

1 Like

Yes, I agree… I reckon we will be hearing more 80s music on 2CH over the next few years as us 40 somethings move into their target demo.

Meantime 4KQ would have been playing ‘Life in a Northern Town’

WS still plays “Life In a Northern Town” from time to time. For instance, according to Online Radio Box, it was played at around 8:20pm tonight.

1 Like

Three WTF songs on Nova 106.9 today,
Noise works - take me back
Paul Simons - you can call me Al
Daryl Brathwaite - The Horses

More suited to WSFM / 97.3

3 Likes

Don’t tell that to @TheHubMan

1 Like

https://i.imgur.com/1VQfm65.png

3 Likes

Walk The Dinosaur - Was just now on 4MMM

2 Likes

Smooth - Santana feat Rob Thomas on 4KQ yesterday!

WS & Gold 104.3 have been playing that song for at least the last 10 years, but yes, it is quite unusual for an AM music station in a metro market to play that song.