Did They Really Just Play That?

The Boss - Dancing in the Dark.

4BH 882 right now.

2 Likes

Disco Duck- RICK DEES & HIS CAST OF IDIOTS (2WKT “Highland” FM).

1 Like

This morning, I caught WSFM playing Pharrell Williams’s “Happy”, a song that is only about 3 years old…

They seem to keep shortening the timeframe that a song has to wait to be certified as “Pure Gold”… next thing you know is that they’ll be playing Justin Bieber or Taylor Swift :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Been so long since this was heard in this part of the world, so I was a little shocked to hear it following tonight’s NRL coverage in CQ…

3 Likes

that song was lost.

A great track. It’s hard to imagine now that a song of this calibre made it to the apex of the top 40 back in 1993; the dive in quality between the Top 40 of the early 90s and that of the early 00s was precipitous.

1 Like

I have to call out the (otherwise excellent) InPhase programme on SWR for this atrocity:

Firework- KATY PERRY

:scream:

1 Like

I can’t believe I heard this, on commercial radio of all places

Autobahn - Kraftwerk

Playing right now, on 4KQ!!! :open_mouth:

5 Likes

Is it still playing or is it the shitty radio edit?

The radio edit, sadly. Better than nothing!

And another from KQ

Thick As A Brick - Jethro Tull

1 Like

Yesterday morning the Rebel did their best to make me switch over to Triple M by playing these two within three songs:

Ike & Tina Turner - Nutbush City Limits
B52s - Rock Lobster

I feared for a bit they’d had a nauseating format change there. Fortunately that wasn’t the case and they did lift their game after that

4 Likes

Thank god for that. Gee those two are real clangers you would never want to hear on Rebel.

1 Like

At least it wasn’t Love Shack.

3 Likes

I’ve heard the full 20+ minute version on Double J a few times.

1 Like

GARY JULES - Mad World on Melbourne’s Positive Alternative, 89.9 LightFM

Won’t get fooled again - The Who on 4KQ… complete with scream… I didn’t time it but seemed to go for at least 8 minutes…

Good times and great classic rock… 4KQ’s my station.

3 Likes

Rebel FM always plays the full 8 minute version of Won’t Get Fooled Again.

1 Like

2SSR last night:

Pyramania- ALAN PARSONS PROJECT

:astonished: :astonished: :+1::+1::+1:

I rarely hear anything by the Project on radio, let alone something from this obscure album. It’s a great shame, as there are some killer radio-friendly tracks on albums like Vulture Culture and Gaudi.

1 Like

Or Roam which gets horrendously flogged up here.