Did They Really Just Play That?

They did play her in the past back in 2008-09, as I remember them playing the rock version of “Hot n Cold” & possibly “I Kissed a Girl”.

Listening to Christian now… :slight_smile:

KOFM played “Riders on the storm” by The Doors at about 11:45 this morning

2 Likes

they play rock classics occasionally through the day with a tag on them but I can’t remember the wording

More of it, less Greenday

1 Like

Escape (Pina Colada)- RUPERT HOLMES (Triple J).

1 Like

WTF :flushed: Smells Like Teen Spirit - Nirvana, this afternoon on 102.5 The Edge :+1:

2 Likes

Why, what’s wrong with Nirvana on The Edge in Deni?

Too old?

Nothing at all mate, I wish they played more songs like that, which they don’t. It just was totally out of place for them to play that song. They have a pop music AC format from the 70s to now.

1 Like

Big Girls Don’t Cry- FERGIE (WS FM). According to the Online Radio Box playlist, anyway. To add insult to injury, it was played right after Tucker’s Daughter; talk about a jarring transition.

Another (dis) honourable mention for “All Summer Long” on the same station. I remember the MD of 2EC at the time (on here) assuring that it would be consigned to the dustbin- that was in 2011 or so and it’s STILL being played.

2 Likes

WS have been resorting to playing songs as recent as 2011 in recent times.

Including Adele and Bruno Mars.

1 Like

Triple M Sydney has its “Rage Against The 90s” sweepers running, which is what they normally play at this time of night.

However, in the last 15 minutes I’ve heard:

Cocoon - Milky Chance
Purple Rain - Prince

Dunno what’s going on there…

If they did expect a Pink song every hour…

For anyone not used to Luke Bona and Triple M Nightshift, they would think this would sound VERY out of place on the Ms.

There’s a story to it.

It was played across Triple M this morning - country music songwriter Aleyce Simmonds and Greatest Companion. Lovely song… but not an M song!

2 Likes

High Voltage/ACDC just before noon on 4KQ.

I think they’re secretly morphing into a rock station.

Not my favourite song by any means but I’ve been hearing some good ones like Barracuda/Heart and Don’t Stop Believing/Journey.

4 Likes

Peppermint Twist- SWEET

(4BRZ FM)

1 Like

Blinded By The Light - Bruce Springsteen on 4MMM just now. Much better hearing non-stop Boss rather then Bona

1 Like

Living On The Ceiling- Blancmange

On Triple M Sydney - a “rock” station…

Though it was part of “My Generation”.

I had thought that they might have a slightly different playlist for the metro version of this program compared to what the regionals get, but this suggests otherwise to me.

I know it may not be exactly “rock” but I actually like that one. I think they can get away with the odd new romantic/80s track. 4MMM used to play that occasionally back in the day :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Earlier this arvo River949 played Disturbed’s cover of Genesis’ “Land of Confusion”. I don’t think I’ve ever heard that cover played on commercial radio, let alone on a station like River. It was particularly jarring as it was immediately following The Corrs’ “Runaway”, going from a soft 90s ballad to a heavy metal cover of an 80s prog rock song

I didn’t mind it though, at least it’s a damn sight better than the other Disturbed cover being played on recent times (no I won’t link to it - it’s awful)

2 Likes