Did They Really Just Play That?

That’s a hit from them that deserves more air play :+1:

1 Like

on community radio, Triple J and Double J yes, on commercial radio no.

1 Like

There you go, you learn something new everyday.

1 Like

Heard on Gold 104.3 this week:

I Don’t Feel Like Dancing - Scissor Sisters
Riptide - Vance Joy

I believe that these are regulars on WSFM. You can see the Jason Staveley influence coming through with the music direction on Gold as of late.

To be honest, i’m not a fan of both songs.

4 Likes

Thunderstruck by AC/DC just played on Newcastle’s Hit 106.9, as part of their all old school weekend. By the way the song following this was Shakles by Mary Mary.

I am confused shouldn’t AC/DC be played on Triple M Newcastle or maybe New Fm, Not Hit 106.9?

So this weekend Hit 106.9 is not following the same playlist as 101.3 Sea that have their normal playlist running.

3 Likes

That’s odd, as Triple M Newcastle is running the same log as 2GO. If anything, you’d think they’d be the ones more likely to run separate logs.

1 Like

With the old school they are playing today they sound more like Triple M Newcastle, except the pop / dance old school Hits.

Suprised they a breaking from the hit regional log this weekend.

1 Like

Living La Vida Loca / Ricky Martin on Smooth Brisbane… at 6.45AM.

4 Likes

Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again (live) - The Angels

On Triple M Sydney (just now).

Why I hear you ask?

Being the ‘live’ version, Triple M left the ‘no way get f***, f*** off’ crowd singing in it, uncensored.

Would only have been possible since it’s after 10pm I suppose, but it’s the first time I’ve heard something like that on commercial radio.

Though I did hear WSFM play the uncensored version of ‘Hand In My Pocket’ this afternoon that had the lyrics ‘chicken s***’ left in there uncensored - which they don’t normally do during daylight hours.

2 Likes

There have been a few instances where shit is going through uncensored these days, during the day.

Today I heard Paradise, the new song by Bazzi on radio. It was either Nova or KIIS. It was an edited version where shit just sounds like a longer shi sound. Like you can’t tell what the word is. :roll_eyes:

What was odd was they also censored ass which was weird because that usually goes through uncensored these days. I guess there’s one clean version and it censors everything for delicate American ears. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: That was more noticeable because the word was completely blanked out, as was bitch later.

2 Likes

Each station that I’ve heard ‘Who Are You’ (The Who) on has left the ‘who the f are you’ line uncensored. It’s one of the first popular songs with this profanity included and Pete quite cleverly disguises it.

Apropos of The Angels post above, I’ve never heard the live version of ‘Living Next Door To Alice’ (Smokie) on Australian radio, nor The Steppers techno cover of that song which was released in 1995.

2 Likes

Never Gonna Give You Up - Rick Astley

Just played on Triple M! Yes, it’s on ‘Rock Song Dedications’ but it’s not a Triple M song . Certainly not a rock song either!

3 Likes

The ‘Rickroll’ never goes out of style.

3 Likes

Just like last night when I heard them play George Michael’s “Careless Whisper”.

They might just be doing that for a bit of fun or a joke I guess.

Certainly not songs that the metro Triple Ms would play any other time.

1 Like

According to the station’s website, “Jukebox in Siberia” by Skyhooks was on B-Rock FM about an hour ago. The fact that a Skyhooks song was played on the station isn’t anything out of the ordinary. It’s just that out of all the Skyhooks songs they possibly could have chosen from (e.g “Horror Movie”), they had to play the worst song the band ever released. :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

I know on Friday’s MMM in Central Queensland do play a few different songs, but at 9:48 AM I certainly wasn’t expecting Murray Head - One Night in Bangkok, complete with orchestral intro as opposed to a synthesized version that often is played when this song appears.

6 Likes

Boys Don’t Cry (One hit wonder).“I Want to be a Cowboy” Triple M

2 Likes

I DO like that song, though I agree one that doesn’t really fit in with the metro Triple M format.

1 Like

Sun FM Shepparton flogged the hell out of that song when it was first released when the station first opened in 1990!

2 Likes

I’m Just A Singer (In A Rock ‘n Roll
Band) by The Moody Blues tonight on 4KQ

4 Likes