Did They Really Just Play That?

I just heard a Freemasons remix on 2DayFM - Work by Kelly Rolland. The Freemasons are the best DJs ever. Ever.

Unfortunately it was followed by a U2 song and it was so jarrring. My car radio went from full blast to turned off in a nano second.

4 Likes

Nothing Breaks Like A Heart- Miley Cyrus on 4GR 864 on Tuesday night

3 Likes

From FOX FM this morning - Spot the odd one out for a CHR

4 Likes

Billy Joel - Piano Man.

1 Like

Isn’t 6:30 normally the time when they play an older song, preceded by Fifi and/or Fev going on and on about how they like it?

Or was there some other significance involved?

1 Like

part of the network addition…allegedly because it sounds “country”

2 Likes

Yeah, the segment’s called Boxy’s Bangers, Fev’s Favourite or Greggy’s Groovy Tunes, where either one of Fifi, Fev or Byron choose a song they loved back in the day.

2 Likes

I wonder if they are doing that to generate feedback perhaps with a view to including more 80s songs, though perhaps not to the extent of 2DAYs current format.

Maybe, although Piano Man is a mid-70s song.

2 Likes

True, though I can’t see FOX comtemplating any 70s music outside of that.

No it’s definitely not. It’s whatever song they want… the other day Fifi chose Things that Make You Hmmm and on Monday she chose Lose Yourself- Eminem. It’s more of a competition between them all, as they take it in turns. After the song is played, they take calls, and if their callers enjoyed the song, then whoever chose the song, say if it was Fifi, would get to pick another song again tomorrow. But if her callers didn’t like it, then Fev or Byron would get to pick their song instead tomorrow, and it goes on…

Sounds…fascinating :slight_smile:

Now I remember why I don’t listen to breakfast FM anymore

4 Likes

Oooooh Rooosey You can’t say that.

Sounds a bit like Hit 107 Bec & Cosi’s Song Survivor, each morning around 6.50, Bec & Cosi each pick a song, a snippet of each is played, they get 3 callers on the line & which ever song gets the most votes gets played. Normally it’s a song Hit 107 never or rarely plays like Steps 5,6,7,8 or Mel & Kim’s Respectable, who ever gets first to 20 wins & the loser has to I think buy the whole Hit 107 crew drinks.

1 Like

Smile - Lilly Allen heard in Bunnings today - luckily the censored version!

1 Like

River 949 played ‘Let’s Go To Paradise’ by Mental as Anything today

I honestly can’t recall hearing that song on commercial radio in my lifetime

4 Likes

I can - but only around the time it was released.

Good song though!

Seems to get the occasional spin on the Grants classic hits stations too, and is on heavy rotation on BOG’s Fun Super Digi

1 Like

the uncensored version is currently playing on Adelaide’s Three D Radio as I type this.

2 Likes

So they are letting the word fucking on the radio?