Deal or No Deal

I think they’ll give it the year.

It does look to be doing ok in the Demos - I know it’s apples & oranges, but I think its average viewership in 25-54 is comparable to Tipping Point.

Is it still broadcasting on 3 channels though?

Looking at tonight’s guide, as well as Mon & Wed this week it is still across 10, Bold & Peach.

I just think $500-$250 is a downgrade

Why won’t 10 try a game show at 5 or 5.30?

Well…I can think of one thing…

Can you? What?

The news…

1 Like

Then why not have half hour news from five and then half hour game show at 5.30.

yeah… 10 should keep the news at 5 - if they switched it around, and had the news at 6, then it would only decrease viewers more as most people watch 7 and 9

1 Like

What could they do?

Have Deal at 6pm followed by the News at 5pm

lol

Personally, current lineup is good imo, however I would make a couple more changes
I’d can The Project and put Neighbours in its place, and then have an early start to prime time at 7pm

…anyway i’ll say no more to avoid going more off topic

1 Like

Something I have only just noticed today in the ratings is that there is a separate entry for Simulcast (Deal Or No Deal), presumably representing the audience on Bold and Peach being report this week. It wasn’t seen last week.

There are 2 possibilities with this; one is that the simulcast rating is part of the total given in the main entry. The second is that it could be added to the main entry to give a combined audience.

Based on how the numbers should be presented it seems unlikely that there is a total entry for three channels and then a second entry for just two channels. Plus looking at News Breakfast as another example of a simulcast there is no second entry there even in markets like Sydney and Melbourne where it is a true simulcast.

So, for the moment, I’m concluding that there are 2 entries in the ratings for DOND that can be combined.

Yesterday the Total TV National / 5 city metro

DEAL OR NO DEAL 271,000 / 196,000
SIMULCAST (DEAL OR NO DEAL) 72,000 / 40,000
TOTAL 343,000 / 236,000
Total TV ranking 17th / 18th

If you do the same exercise in 25-54 the show comes in 13th in national and metro rankings. That puts it ahead of both Tipping Point Aus and The Chase Aus.

8 Likes

So this it the figure for the main channel only?

If so, this is a big positive.

It would rate better at 7:00pm

Read the post above properly from @TV.Cynic

Its good to see what the simulcast is getting on 10Bold and 10Peach (combined). Surprised they’re saying the numbers for it this week, when they didn’t last week.

Deal is also staying put at 6pm. Go to the mock schedule topic if you want it changed…!

wow so tonight Grant answered the phone like the US versions in one of the offers

2 Likes