Darwin Shooting

vlcsnap-2019-06-04-22h07m49s530 vlcsnap-2019-06-04-22h08m10s650 vlcsnap-2019-06-04-22h08m38s011 vlcsnap-2019-06-04-22h09m00s329

Coming out of Perth tonight?

Nine coming from Perth

3 Likes

Nothing on Ch7 Brisbane as yet, 9 here in Brisbane has cut the press conference short and returned to programming.

2 Likes

Conference is still going on Darwin Facebook page for Nine

Sky News took the whole conference

WIN viewers missed out entirely with sports news being shown instead

1 Like

ABC also took the whole thing, Nine are taking the whole conference on Facebook and their site though.

Territory Local News trying to join the bandwagon

3 Likes

The Latest (promo)

2 Likes

hindsight is a lovely thing, but from a commercial perspective they’ll consider it better to have saved that money over the last 2 years instead of propping up a full scale newsroom for a one-off story that they seem to be (from what I’ve seen here) covering OK anyway.

6 Likes

BBC Broke the coverage with the Darwin Shooting

NBC News also had the news

Channel Asia News from Singapore also addressed the breaking news

Just on Darwin, what are the news services like again (e.g.) local? affiliate carrier? Which markets are carried?

I think that local news markets, like Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, NBN News and regional news had the updates. Even Darwin had the breaking news live.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe that 9 Brisbane is generally the feed for the NT as a whole with a local breakout for the Darwin News. I think 7 takes the Melbourne feed?

QTQ feeds for 6pm news, everything else runs through TCN and the national play-out centre. Darwin still receives Sydney’s afternoon news etc.

5 Likes

The Latest

Problems followed this report with story on Scott Morrison’s response in London not available.

3 Likes

Yep, it’s Melbourne on delay.

1 Like

They cropped out press conference footage from a page called Territory Local News on Facebook. Im laughing

2 Likes