Dancing with the Stars

Does anyone under 50 actually watch this?

Such a clever thing to say.

Yes.

No offence i meant i thought it skewed older? Was surprised when it went on Ch 10 few years ago.

Generally yes.

Let’s be honest, probably 1% of millennials tune in.

What’s happened here, I thought the reason chris brown was out of the running for host was because it was clashing with I’m a celeb?

IAC has its finale on Sunday and DWTS hasn’t announced anything yet.

Seven haven’t mentioned anything about him being involved in DWTS. In fact, I don’t think they’ve mentioned any of his projects yet.

1 Like

I think Dancing is meant to be on in Q3 or something but they’re reported filming it soon which is when Chris is still on contract (or on gardening leave) with 10.

Let’s hope the Daryl rumours are wrong and that Chris will host this and it will be live.

Audience call for what looks like 7 episodes

EPISODE 1 - MONDAY 15 MAY

EPISODE 2 - TUESDAY 16 MAY

EPISODE 3 - SUNDAY 21 MAY

EPISODE 4 - MONDAY 22 MAY

SEMI FINAL 1 - FRIDAY 26 MAY

SEMI FINAL 2 - SATURDAY 27 MAY

GRAND FINALE - THURSDAY 1 JUNE

Now is you chance to join returning hosts SONIA KRUGER and DARYL SOMERS and be in the audience!

2 Likes

Tickets are available at That’s the Ticket website like The Voice.

Episode 3, both semi-finals and grand final have already sold out.

DWTS also has a new venue: Quaycentre (aka State Sports Centre) at Sydney Olympic Park.

I’m sure the nannas and pas in the audience would love this.

2 Likes

So Seven’s commitment to live TV amount to a few results editions of Idol then. They could have backed it up with this because although they might get away with a pre-recorded format with All Stars where each celeb performs just three times before the final that isn’t going to work for a new cast.

4 Likes

Daily Mail is tipping Natalie Bassingthwaighte, Aussie actress Leila George (Sean Penn’s ex-wife) and a member of Human Nature to compete in the upcoming season.

EDIT: the article also says that Kym Johnson could return as a judge replacing Paul Mercurio. Kym’s husband Robert Herjavec is part of the panel on 10’s reboot of Shark Tank. Is it possible that husband and wife are in Sydney filming two different shows at the same time?

1 Like

1 Like

Woo hoo. It’s Charlie from Selling Houses Australia. He’s great. Oh wait, he’s on Better Homes and Gardens now. Oopsy.

One celebrity down, another 9 (?) to go…

Charlie must have been a busy guy, filming stories for BH&G while still having to find time for dance rehearsals.

Is this any different to any of the other contestants and their ‘day job’?

6 Likes

No. It’s often been said they do double duty or take time off the other job.

Author and The Bachelor star Laura Byrne confirmed as contestant #2. She’s married to Matty J.