Dancing with the Stars

Contestant #3 is Brownlow medallist and former AFL premiership player (and former Australian Survivor contestant) Gavin Wanganeen. He made the announcement on The Front Bar tonight (he is special guest on this week’s episode).

2 Likes

Good get with Gavin Wanganeen on DWTS this year.

1 Like
2 Likes

The whole cast has been announced.

1 Like

So instead of announcing their cast in one go they’re drip-feeding through their other programs?

EDIT: Just saw Troiboi’s post. Quite a cast.

The big announcement is Friday morning but PerthNow (being owned by Seven West Media) has the scoop.

1 Like

The cast is quite impressive! A good mix of names and ages. Plus no MAFS wannabes!

Can’t wait to see the guy from The Chase.

2 Likes

I also think its a good list of celebrities.

No surprises that a soapie star is in it. But the rest of the stars are quite good.

1 Like

That’s a great cast, the only one I hadn’t heard of was the home & away actress, but I dont watch it, I’m sure she does have fans. Matt Preston will be interesting.

I’d swear Virginia Gay has already done this?

1 Like

Virginia Gay had competed on Seven’s duet singing competition It Takes Two in 2008 where she came third (partnering with Ian Moss of Cold Chisel).

1 Like

I actually know the majority of those names and faces. Been a while since I could say that about a celeb reality show

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/DancingAU/status/1656773900196540416?s=20

It’s time to tango

Dancing With The Stars returns to the dancefloor on Channel 7 and 7plus

The Seven Network today unveiled the star-studded cast of the sparkling new season of Dancing With The Stars, coming soon to Channel 7 and 7plus.

Australia’s favourite food critic Matt Preston, Olympians Sally Pearson and James Magnussen, and podcast superstar and radio host Laura Byrne will all be hitting the floor in the new season.

Joining them will be Australian acting royalty Mary Coustas and Pia Miranda. Stage and screen stars Virginia Gay and Christie Whelan Browne will be putting their performing talents to good use, as they compete for their chosen charity and the prized Dancing With The Stars mirrorball trophy.

Also taking a spin around the dancefloor will be Human Nature singing sensation Phil Burton, Australian Idol icon Paulini, Home and Away favourite Emily Weir and Better Homes and Gardens resident landscaper Charlie Albone.

Other stars who have been perfecting their cha-cha and rumba for the glittering 2023 season are AFL royalty Gavin Wanganeen and The Chase Australia’s Supernerd, Issa Shultz.

The celebrities will be divided into two groups, taking to the stage on alternate nights across the season. The leaderboard will be determined by a combination of judges’ scores and scores from the studio audience.
Seven Network’s Chief Content Officer, Entertainment Programming, Angus Ross, said: “Australia can’t get enough of Dancing With The Stars and seeing their favourite faces step out of their comfort zones.

“This is the fiercest and most competitive line-up of stars we have ever had and we can’t wait for everyone to see their moves.”

Returning to the floor as hosts are Daryl Somers and Sonia Kruger.

Here’s the Dancing with the Stars line-up for 2023:

• Charlie Albone - Better Homes and Gardens Landscaper

• Christie Whelan Browne - Actor

• Emily Weir - Home and Away Actor

• Gavin Wanganeen - AFL legend

• Issa Schultz - The Chase Australia Supernerd

• James Magnussen - Olympic Medallis

• Laura Byrne - Podcaster and radio host

• Mary Coustas - Comedian and actor

• Matt Preston - Presenter and food journalist

• Paulini - Performer

• Phil Burton - Singer

• Pia Miranda - Actor

• Sally Pearson - Olympic Gold Medallist and 7NEWS presenter

• Virginia Gay - Actor

2 Likes

What happened.to Nat Bass?

I mean, it was the Daily Mail that mentioned her.

Daily Fail again.

1 Like

Daily Mail did tip correctly a member of Human Nature would be competing (Phil Burton).

1 Like

Dancing partner of the celebrities
Charlie Albone - Ruby Gherbaz
Christie Whelan Browne - Craig Monley
Emily Weir - Lyu Masuda
Gavin Wanganeen - Megan Wragg
Issa Schultz - Lily Cornish
James Magnussen - Natalie Lowe
Laura Byrne - Danil Saveliev
Mary Coustas - Aric Yegudkin
Matt Preston - Jessica Raffa
Paulini - Igor Ifliand
Phil Burton - Ash-Leigh Hunter
Pia Miranda - Declan Taylor
Sally Pearson - Mitch Kirkby
Virginia Gay - Ian Waite (Strictly Come Dancing UK)

2 Likes

Just reporting rumours which is pure speculation. They also tipped “Aussie actress and ex-wife of Sean Penn, Leila George” which was also wrong

1 Like

FWIW, I reckon Matt Preston is a good get, although one does wonder if it’s still left-overs from his POO contract (where he ended up popping up on Sunrise, TMS, Front Bar and MKR to name some) way back in 2020 which was meant to have an Olympics launch but for obvious reasons didn’t and the show fizzled out. I also get there’s plenty these days who don’t like him, be it his flamboyant personality or more so in-directly such as the Marco incident and his close relationship professionally and personally with the beleaguered George Calomnaris. He is one of the instantly nationally recognisable stars there too.

Apart from his obvious decade plus fame from MasterChef where he won a Logie and became a household name (having already cemented some following in the 2000s on 3AW radio with the late Sigley and News Corp mastheads). He also has a good sense of humour, has been a 774 ABC Melbourne radio regular and is great on that, as well as his long-time Herald Sun columns and appears on other segments in other media or guests including having a genuine love for footy and Collingwood.

2 Likes

According to the Sunday Herald Sun, Helen Richey will not be judging the upcoming season of DWTS. Her husband will be recovering from major surgery which clashes with filming dates, so family has come first.

3 Likes