Dancing with the Stars

No Daryl please.

4 Likes

100% correct

Do they have any stars left or will they just reuse Idol/Got Talent members as dancers ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Denyer is unemployed isn’t he? Guess you could throw him a low ball offer and would take it.

Mercurio will have to be replaced with him now a Labor MP for Hastings.

I presumed that the old judges and hosts were just back for the nostalgia factor in the all stars seasons. I’d expect a complete re-cast this year.

It will probably be Dr. Chris as host, but Luke Jacobs would have been perfect.

Get some of the past pro’s in as judges, what are Luda Kroiter and Carmelo Pizzino doing these days?

This also means that the format will hold the record for number of seasons. 20 seasons of DWTS to 19 seasons of The Block.

Yeah, I could see this happening.

You’d hope not. Been there, done that. No one cares about him anymore (for better or worse).

It’ll probably be Dr Chris and Sonia but it would be nice if they went for someone else as female host. Kate Ritchie or Bec Hewitt comes to mind or if they really want to stick it to 10, poach Amanda Keller.

As for judges, wouldn’t it be nice if they got Craig Revel Horwood and/or Sharna Burgess back along with maybe a few local favourites (someone from musicals perhaps).

Also, can we go back to LIVE shows please Seven? Or get better editors.

4 Likes

Perhaps Russell Gilgert is available :wink:

He keeps appearing in 7News news articles every week, which would indicate he is likely on the payroll in a minor form. 7 keeping him close for whatever reason who knows.

I think he needs to just move on from TV and find a new career. Many have walked away and gone into other industries, some just can’t let go though. I think he is one of those.

According to the TVT article, this will air Q2… so to early for Dr Chris.

2 Likes

I think it would be gig if the network signed Scott Tweedie. He’d be perfect for this, as he was great when he filled in for Grant when it was on 10.

1 Like

Scott is currently cohosting Australian Idol on Seven too.

So Seven decided the time for the Logies just to promote a show 20 seasons in…right.

According to Sunday Herald Sun’s Fiona Byrne, Seven is close to finalise the cast for the upcoming season, which will film in Sydney in the coming months. Daryl Somers and Sonia Kruger will return as hosts, and Paul Mercurio (now a Victorian state MP for Hastings) will be replaced.

3 Likes

:roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Sorry, I don’t agree.I like Daryl,

2 Likes

I hope they at least approached Luke Jacobs.

Knowing Seven they probably thought ‘DWTS is one of our best rating shows, let’s shove Daryl down everyone’s throats like everyone’s always loved him’.

I think we all know what’s coming up later in the year…More Hey Hey Specials (Spew)

3 Likes

Hopefully it’s live.

1 Like