Dancing with the Stars

How surprising :crazy_face:

Good season overall with better editing and great contestants but I’m feeling the judges have been too generous with scores this season. Sure most of this season’s contestants are pretty good but not sure if all of their dances were 40/40.

If Seven does this again next year (I think they will even if it’s rated poorly compared to last year) they should go back to do a normal season with all new stars, not another ‘all-stars’ or ‘back to win’ series.

3 Likes

Of course he won. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

He must have a contract lined up at 7 somewhere, I guess we will hear about that shortly. 7News has been running fluffy bullshit stories about him for the last few months on a weekly basis.

Denyer is overexposed. Pull it back a bit geez.

6 Likes

Hardly anything new though. He’s been overexposed for at least 15 years now since his role at 7 began to expand from just being the weather reporter on Sunrise.

2 Likes

this show was RIGGED how did Grant Denyer win in 2020 Grant Denyer was the Host of Dancing with the stars

1 Like

I wouldn’t say Rigged, but controlled and directed by the EP. Seven wants, Seven gets.

1 Like

And don’t forget - it was the studio audience (of what - maybe 50 of them?) that chose the winner.

1 Like

That’s the disadvantage of pre-recording months in advance. Next season it has to be shown live, with viewer voting to decide the winner.

4 Likes

They better not make Grant the host next season, surely Daryl was only a thing for the all stars seasons.

How many flops does grant need to front before the networks get the hint?

They’ll flog Daryl to death even if it wasn’t an all-star season. Grant wouldn’t stand another chance as host of Dancing considering the poor ratings of the seasons on 10.

Please get someone like Kylie Gillies to host with Sonia next year.

I reckon Daryl has one more season in him until he retires from the telly. But it should be a normal edition of DWTS and not an All Stars version. Two seasons of all stars is enough.

His replacement? Certainly not Grant Denyer.

Should be someone who hasn’t been associated with the show before. To freshen up the show. Maybe someone like Ed Phillips (from Temptation) if he’s still doing TV work? Or Peter Berner f(rom The Einstein Factor)?

2 Likes

Given the dismal ratings for the finale, will the show even be returning next year?

1 Like

They probably will give it another go since most of their slate rates about the same. Though I hope they’ll put it later in the year with less intense competition.

3 Likes

Paul Mercurio is a candidate for Hastings for the Labor party at this year’s state election

Paul has been elected as Labor MP for Hastings tonight

4 Likes

Guessing this isn’t on the slate for 2023. Wonder if Idol does well whether a live revival with an all new cast might be considered?

2 Likes
2 Likes

I think the new season will be shown on Sunday nights against The Block.

It may also be why Seven chose July 30 to broadcast the 2023 Logie Awards, so it can use the night to promote DWTS.

1 Like

Clearly a vehicle for Dr Chris to host

3 Likes