Dancing with the Stars

Cameron Daddo is the first celebrity to leave the dancefloor

The sequins, sambas, spins and swirls made a spectacular return to screen in tonight’s premiere of Dancing With The Stars: All Stars on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Tonight, after meeting all 14 celebrities, the stars were divided into two groups set to take the stage over alternate weeks.

Kicking off the series with a very colourful performance, TV presenter and race car driver Grant Denyer was as cool as ice in his cha-cha, scoring a total of 26.

But Ricki-Lee set the bar higher with a top-scoring total of 34, including the first 10 of the series for her own cha-cha. Judge Todd McKenney declared she, "pulled the light and only let it shine on her”.

Hot on Ricki-Lee’s heels was Bridie Carter, who scored 33 for her graceful and dreamy slow foxtrot; while Anthony Koutoufides’ footwork as he embraced the Viennese waltz couldn’t be ignored – even if Todd thought he was foxtrotting.

Despite putting their best foot forward, the two wildcards – Cameron Daddo and Kris Smith – found themselves at the bottom of the leader board. Sadly, Cameron became the first celebrity to bid farewell to the dancefloor.

The final scores of the night were:

• Ricki-Lee and Jarryd Byrne – 34

• Bridie Carter and Craig Monley – 33

• Anthony Koutoufides and Jessica Raffa – 30

• Kylie Gillies and Aric Yegudkin – 29

• Grant Denyer and Lily Cornish – 26

• Cameron Daddo and Megan Wragg – 23

• Kris Smith and Siobhan Power – 19

Catch tonight’s performances below:

Next Sunday on Dancing With The Stars: All Stars , the second group of stars – Angie Kent, Courtney Act, David Rodan, Deni Hines, Olympia Valance, Rob Mills and Sam Mac – take the stage.

1 Like

All these people seem to have connections with Seven? Is this what’s it’s all about, boosting internal talent profiles. Some of these people need to get a day job and stop thinking about rainbows and lollipops in some non existent TV career they wish to get out of this.

I mean Denyer and Kent. Seriously? Time to move on to another industry.

2 Likes

Apart from Kylie Gillies and Sam Mac, i dont think anyone else is tied with Seven.

Where have you been for the past 20+ years? This pretty much describes every reality show and contestant.

5 Likes

I really enjoyed the show tonight. Love David Rodan.

1 Like

Great episode! Great dancing. Lots of laughs.

I enjoyed the episode tonight too.

Grant “hosted” the show tonight too. Well, briefly, but that was funny to watch.

1 Like

Sonia was high on painkillers during this episode and doesn’t remember much of it.

All Stars bedazzle the judges

“The highest quality of dancers” take to the floor

Tonight on Dancing With The Stars: All Stars , the second group of all stars and wildcards took to the floor to high praise, as judge Todd McKenney declared the group “the highest quality of dancers” in any series.

David Rodan highlighted how a champion dances the cha-cha as the AFL legend added another perfect score – the first in the series – to his record of most perfect scores in the show’s history.

Courtney Act and her rocking jive took out a show-stopping second perfect score; while wild card Deni Hines gave a close chase with her knockout samba score of 39.

Returning to the ballroom after 13 years, triple-threat Rob Mills was a dynamite with his cha-cha; Olympia Valance brought the exotic sensuality of the Argentine tango and Sam Mac was Mr Entertainment during his very first dance.

At the close of the evening, Angie Kent became the latest Dancing With The Stars: All Stars casualty after finding herself in the bottom two with her cha-cha.

• David Rodan and Alexandra Vladimirov – 40

• Courtney Act and Josh Keefe – 40

• Deni Hines and Lyu Masuda – 39

• Olympia Valance and Gustavo Viglio – 38

• Rob Mills and Alarna Donovan – 27

• Angie Kent and Julian Caillon – 25

• Sam Mac and Ruby Gherbaz – 22

Next Sunday on Dancing With The Stars: All Stars , the first group – Anthony Koutoufides, Bridie Carter, Grant Denyer, Kris Smith, Kylie Gillies and Ricki-Lee – return to claim their share of perfect scores.

1 Like

Courtney Act is literally on another level!

1 Like

Bridie bows out

Five celebrities sashay their way to the semi-final

Tonight on Dancing With The Stars: All Stars , the first group of dancers returned to the dancefloor with power-packed performances and plenty of perfect scores.

Grant Denyer and Kylie Gillies’ highly emotional Viennese waltzes both left the judges teary-eyed and scored a perfect 40 each.

Ricki-Lee turned up the heat with her sultry jazz routine and managed to escape unscathed after an offhanded comment from her dance partner caught Helen Richey offside.

Kris Smith unleashed the devil inside with a deadly paso doble; Anthony Koutoufides fired up the dancefloor with his jazz and Bridie Carter was a class act dancing the samba.

In a shocking turn of events the audience defied the judges’ verdict, and despite scoring a 36, Bridie was pitted against bottom-of-the-rank Kouta in the first sudden death dance-off.

Unfortunately, Bridie bid adieu to the dancefloor as the rest of the celebrities moved through to the semi-final.

• Grant Denyer and Lily Cornish – 40
  • Kylie Gillies and Aric Yegudkin – 40
  • Bridie Carter and Craig Monley – 36
  • Ricki-Lee and Jarryd Byrne – 34
  • Kris Smith and Siobhan Power – 29
  • Anthony Koutoufides and Jessica Raffa - 28

Next Sunday on Dancing With The Stars: All Stars , catch Courtney Act, David Rodan, Deni Hines, Olympia Gustavo, Rob Mills and Sam Mac back in action.

Sun sets on Sam Mac’s dance journey

Tonight on Dancing With The Stars: All Stars , the second group of celebrities returned to risk it all on the dance floor.

David Rodan upped the ante with his robotic Argentine tango. While Olympia Valance shone bright with an out-of-this-world futuristic samba.

Courtney Act ruled the leader board and the judges’ hearts with her passionate paso doble, achieving a score of 39.

Deni Hines’s slow foxtrot forced Todd McKenney to put his pen down and enjoy the dance; Rob Mills was up to speed with his quick step and Sam Mac’s jive hit stormy weather with the judges.

Despite bringing the laughs, Sam became the latest celebrity to leave the championship after the sudden death dance-off between he and Deni divided the judges.

Courtney Act and Josh Keefe – 39
David Rodan and Alex Vladimirov – 38
Olympia Valance and Gustavo Viglio – 38
Deni Hines and Lyu Masuda – 33
Rob Mills and Alarna Donovan – 28
Sam Mac and Ruby Gherbaz – 19

Next Sunday on Dancing With The Stars: All Stars , the first group of semi-finalists – Anthony Koutoufides, Grant Denyer, Kris Smith, Kylie Gillies and Ricki-Lee – will dance to secure their places in the Grand Finale.

That means the second semi-final will be on March 27.

Three to tango

Grant Denyer, Kris Smith and Ricki-Lee dance their way to the Grand Finale

Tonight, during the first semi-final on Dancing With The Stars: All Stars , five couples entered the ballroom battle to fight for three spots in the Grand Finale.

The night began with a gruelling rock and roll marathon dance where Grant Denyer got a head start as the last one alive on the dancefloor.

Later Grant stunned the judges with his flashy paso doble and topped the leader board. Following closely was Ricki-Lee who left everyone longing for more with her captivating rhumba. Both blitzed the first semi-final and booked a place in the Grand Finale.

Kylie Gillies swayed her way with a sultry samba; Kouta was on the front foot with a lively quickstep and wild card Kris Smith displayed rhythm and romance through his samba.

In the sudden death dance-off, bottom ranker Kris shocked himself by grabbing the last spot in the grand finale, while Kylie Gillies and Anthony Koutoufides were sent packing in the first double elimination.

Grant Denyer and Lily Cornish – 49
Kylie Gillies and Aric Yegudkin – 42
Ricki-Lee and Jarryd Byrne – 41
Anthony Koutoufides and Jessica Raffa – 37
Kris Smith and Siobhan Power – 27

3 Likes

Countdown to the Grand Finale

Rob Mills and Olympia Valance’s dance dreams dashed

It was all or nothing tonight on Dancing With The Stars: All Stars , as the remaining group took on the second semi-final and the last chance to secure a place in the Grand Finale.

The five semi-finalists took to the dance floor together for a Charleston dance marathon, where Courtney Act stomped her way to the top with her rhythmic swing.

Queen Courtney stayed on top of the leader board with another perfect score after ditching the drag and dancing as Shane Jenek with partner Josh Keefe in a never-before-seen same-sex foxtrot.

Hot on Courtney’s heels was David Rodan, keeping it real with his flawless and beautifully-told contemporary routine.

Olympia Valance’s sensual foxtrot was fiery; Rob Mills was a study in class with his graceful Viennese waltz and Deni Hines’ purposeful paso doble was full of power.

In the sudden death dance-off, Olympia and Rob were shown the door. While Deni Hines along with Courtney Act and David Rodan joined Grant Denyer, Kris Smith and Ricki-Lee in the Grand Finale next Sunday.

Courtney Act and Josh Keefe – 50
David Rodan and Alex Vladimirov – 48
Olympia Valance and Gustavo Viglio – 43
Deni Hines and Lyu Masuda – 36
Rob Mills and Alarna Donovan – 36

Next Sunday on Dancing With The Stars: All Stars , the grand finalists put their best foot forward to take home the coveted mirror ball trophy.

Dancing With The Stars: All Stars Grand Finale

7.00pm Sunday, 3 April on Channel 7 and 7plus

The charities the six grand finalists competed for were:
Courtney Act - Black Rainbow
David Rodan - The Carly Ryan Foundation
Deni Hines - Oasis Africa Australia
Grant Denyer - The Smith Family
Kris Smith - White Ribbon Australia
Ricki-Lee Coulter - Support Act

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to seeing Johnny Ruffo tonight. After all he’s been through it’s fantastic that he’s up to having a bit of a dance.

3 Likes

Victory lap for Grant Denyer

TV personality crowned Dancing With The Stars: All Stars 2022 winner

Dancing With The Stars: All Stars came to a spectacular end tonight, with TV personality and race car driver Grant Denyer taking home the coveted mirror ball trophy.

The six grand finalists: Courtney Act, David Rodan, Deni Hines, Grant Denyer, Kris Smith and Ricki-Lee, danced their hearts out in the ultimate ballroom showdown.

With all the couples performing a freestyle dance, Grant, Courtney and David topped the leader board – each collecting a perfect score. However, it wasn’t the judges who would determine the winner on the night, but the audience.

After receiving his second trophy since his triumph in 2006, Grant said: “This show means the world to me, I absolutely love it. If I wasn’t dancing or hosting it, I would be changing the light bulbs in the roof.

"I vowed 15 years ago to never dance again because it was the best memory of my life, I thought I could never top that so why would you even bother. I’m so glad I changed my mind and did this because it’s been the best sensation.

The final scores and performances this evening below:

David Rodan and Alex Vladimirov – 40
Grant Denyer and Lily Cornish – 40
Courtney Act and Joshua Keefe – 40
Ricki-Lee and Jarryd Byrne – 37
Deni Hines and Lyu Masuda – 38
Kris Smith and Siobhan Power – 34

Dancing With The Stars: All Stars is produced by Warner Bros International Television Production Australia and BBC Studios, from a format created by BBC and distributed by BBC Studios.