Dancing with the Stars

Fingers crossed Ten bring some of the production elements from the American DWTS to their new season. It looks so much more modern compared to when the show was on 7 when it felt old and dated IMO

3 Likes

4 Likes

Glimpse of promo seen this morning. Grant: “some of the celebrities will make headkines”.

4 Likes

I still find this a bizarre choice of a show for 10 to go with given it used to skew older on Seven. Unless they really do overhaul it and get some more modern dance genres in there and younger judges as well.

5 Likes

A local adaptation of World of Dance would’ve suited 10 better. DWTS looks out of place.

1 Like

Ten is rumoured to have signed up Cassandra Thorburn for this.

2 Likes

An ex-wife of a celebrity is a “star”? This is the sort of rubbish casting that made me stop watching the show in the first place. I will make sure to give it a miss.

7 Likes

With Chris Bath signing on with 10, I wouldn’t be surprised to see her on Dancing With The Stars. She featured on the third season and has said several times she’d jump at the chance to do it again.

2 Likes

Couldn’t agree more. She’s not a star, she’s not anything but a jilted ex with an axe to grind. And the media are lapping her up. And the more she carries on, the smarter Karl appears by moving on.

You can’t have the same contestants again.

3 Likes

They don’t do the same contestants do they? Maybe she will be on celebrity.

1 Like

They have not had repeat offenders. They shouldn’t start now.

Sure they can. Different network and an opportunity to promote a new face for the network.

Karl? Smart? Lol. The guy is having a major midlife crisis.
Surely you aren’t naive enough to believe everything you read in the media? Take a look at her interview on Studio10.

3 Likes

It has never happened before. The novelty of seeing that celebrity dancing would have worn off.

It could only work if they did an All-Stars edition with a few returnees but only run it for a few short weeks.

Better yet have some real celebrities rather than Bachelor/Masterchef contestants. That’s what killed Seven’s version in the first place (a decision that’s probably haunting them).

2 Likes

I wouldn’t mind seeing Keira on this but then pretty much every show Ten has in the first half of the year would involve either celebrities or returning reality contestants (Celeb, DWTS and Bach in Paradise). I think they should have spread these shows out a bit more across the year.

2 Likes

Not to mention that next year will have been 14 years since Chris Bath appeared on Seven’s version of Dancing With The Stars.

Yeah…I can’t see Bathie taking time off from her four day a week radio program to appear on the show who’s abbreviation is banned on this forum for some reason.

I agree. But real celebrities wouldn’t be caught dead appearing on this show (or the jungle one) so the lineup is probably going to mainly consist of ex-reality contestants and people who were last relevant some 15-20 years ago! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Although one thing is almost certain - there won’t be any Goggleboxers as contestants on Dancing With The Stars! :wink:

■■■■■■■■?
Strange.

1 Like
1 Like