Dancing with the Stars

Argh. Not Denyer.

2 Likes

Ta. I was having trouble finding them.

1 Like

I think they are too good choices for hosts.

I like Amanda Keller as host. Not sure about Grant Denyey though. He is more suited to Game Shows than DWTS. Am happy to be proven wrong though.

1 Like

Denyer hosted the celebrity singing contest It Takes Two on Seven and I thought he was very good. He was easy going, wasn’t over the top iirc, nothing like the exaggerated and forced antics on Family Feud.

3 Likes

Amanda and Julia Morris would be a steal.

3 Likes

Confirmed by News Corp who did an exclusive interview with the duo.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/dancing-with-the-stars-moves-to-channel-10-with-hosts-grant-denyer-amanda-keller/news-story/802230a226b7b5706624b699ae0453bb

1 Like
1 Like

Is there a show that Grant hasn’t hosted? I used to really like Grant but now, after not being able to flick on a show and him not be on there, I am getting a bit tired of him to be honest.

3 Likes

Dancing With The Stars Is Back

Amanda Keller And Grant Denyer Co-Host Australia’s Favourite Dancing Show.

Network Ten is thrilled to announce that the popular and iconic family entertainment show Dancing With The Stars will return to Australian television screens in 2019.

Admired media personality and presenter of Network Ten’s lifestyle program The Living Room, Amanda Keller, and TV Week Gold Logie Award winner and host of TEN’s new family entertainment show Game Of Games, Grant Denyer, will co-host Dancing With The Stars when it returns with a fresh new look, new judges and new celebrities ready to take to the dance floor next year.

Amanda Keller said: “I can’t wait to be part of the spangley madness that is Dancing With The Stars . Having been a terrified, uncoordinated contestant, it will be fun to lend a sympathetic ear and a spare sequin or two, to a new batch of amateur hoofers.

“My own brand of dancing failed to the impress all those years ago. Hopefully I’ll have more success this time around – off the dance floor.

“I’m so excited. And let’s face it, this is the only way I’m guaranteed to get to the grand finale.”

Grant Denyer said: “The worldwide success of Dancing With The Stars is simply phenomenal and the show has never been stronger, including a stunning 26 seasons in the US and now 15 in the UK. It’s such a much-loved show and it’s incredible to be part of its triumphant return here in Australia.

“This series will be much bigger, more glamourous and dazzling than ever. Australia has never seen dancing this spectacular. Get ready for something truly outstanding. I’m so happy I’m crying sequins down my fake tanned cheeks.”

The smash hit series pairs some of Australia’s favourite celebrities with professional dancers, to compete in a dance competition full of glitz and glamour. Every week, contestants have to learn and showcase their fancy footwork on the dance floor, in a bid to impress a distinguished panel of judges and audiences at home, who will be able to vote for their favourite pair. The combined score will determine who will progress and who will be eliminated.

Dancing all the favourite genres of dance including the cha-cha-cha, paso doble, waltz, quickstep and rumba, the celebrities will give it their all when they vie for the coveted title of Dancing With The Stars Champion.

Network Ten Chief Content Officer, Beverley McGarvey, said: “ Dancing With The Stars is feel-good family fun and we are thrilled to have such an iconic series on TEN early next year.

“Amanda and Grant are firm favourites with viewers so we are delighted to have them together as co-hosts for the first time. They will bring all the glitz, glamour and fancy dance moves that viewers will expect – with a few laughs thrown in too.”

Dancing With The Stars is an international success story. To date, over 3,500 episodes and 300 series have been recorded in more than 50 countries around the world.

Warner Bros. Managing Director, Michael Brooks, said: “We are incredibly excited to partner with TEN and BBC Studios in what will be the most ambitious series of Dancing With The Stars to ever hit Australian TV screens. We’ve assembled a star-studded creative team with experience across the US, UK and Australian series of Dancing With The Stars . This will be a spectacular, must-see TV event in 2019.”

BBC Studios ANZ Managing Director, Jon Penn, said: “Australia was the first country to launch Dancing With The Stars outside the UK in 2004 and we’re delighted that TEN and Warner Bros. will be reinventing it for a fresh generation of fans.”

Dancing With The Stars is produced by Warner Bros. International Television Production Australia and BBC Studios, from a format created by the BBC and distributed by BBC Studios.

1 Like

Freehand Productions produced DWTS for Seven from 2008 to 2013 and is still in business. I wonder why it was not asked by Ten to make the new version this time?
Ten should start contacting past judges like Todd McKenney, Helen Richie, Kim Herjavec (nee Johnson) to see if they are interested in returning to the show.

If they want it to skew younger they would need to look at some fresh judges. The only one i would leep is Todd McKenney.

4 Likes

The press release states there will be new judges, so hopefully they don’t bring back the previous judges for the sake of it… the show needs a fresh new feel and look and that includes the on screen talent on the judging panel.

6 Likes

If Todd McKenney is available, id have in on board too. To have some sort of familiarity of the DWTS brand, and to play the “baddie judge”.
The other judges should be new.

2 Likes

I think these hosts are absolutely perfect. Now to the judges and contestants…

hmmmmm
Ten News
Seven News
Sunrise
Family Feud
AGT
It Takes Two
this shit
Ellen’s show
MDM(A)
Supercars
Carols
Slide Show

far out, come to think about it, he’s become Eddie Everywhere

6 Likes

Add to that:

• Iron Chef
  • The Great Australian spelling bee
  • All time australian bloopers
  • Guinness world records
  • appearances on The Living Room
5 Likes

read thread name

2 Likes

:man_facepalming:

Todd adds that controversial side to the show, in which most end up as headlines on news websites. He didn’t side with other judges often arguing with them.

1 Like