Dancing with the Stars

Yeah, like 15 years ago.

2 Likes

Was it that long ago? It rated well for a while. Still don’t think this is a show ten should have though.

1 Like

Article from Mumbrella for those who can’t see the newscorp piece.

Interesting comment, there’s no way that this will be hosted by Chris and Julia and air after Celebrity if that goes ahead and they’ve just spent 3 months in Africa for filming.

Dancing With The Stars franchise, is expected to run after I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here in the first half of the television year.

Personally if they have in fact picked up the format (not a fan personally) I think it would be better to see a new hosting duo rather than the oversaturated Chris and Julia.

I’m thinking maybe Todd McKenny would be great in that role rather than as a judge with someone like Ange Bishop if she was interested and then a shake up of the judging panel with some more relatable and new people.

5 Likes

Interesting developments. Wonder if they might try it on a Saturday night?

1 Like

Maybe Thursday - Saturday would suit; when they have more of the 55+ demographic watching.

This of course is unless they fully revive the show with less ballroom dancing.

Hosts- I like the idea of Todd McKenney. But maybe Grant Denyer ( Game of Games is only running in 1 quarter right?) will do it.

That’s a possibility, seems like it might be a good tactic to draw in the older viewers who are the ones predominantly watching tv on Saturday evenings. It would also be a good alternative to the usual live sports & movies on the other commercials or old dramas on the ABC. If it was live and aired early enough then there’s no reason why they couldn’t get a decent 90 mins to 2 hours content out of it.

4 Likes

My thoughts to the idea of Dancing With The Stars being revived on Ten: Oh why? I thought you were better than this!

The network also risks over-exposing the duo of Chris & Julia if they’re going to appear on not one but two major franchises next year.

Sandra Sully on the dancefloor? Yeah, I can actually imagine that happening!

As for some more obscure potential contestants for the show, maybe a presenter from The Loop or one of the kids shows on Eleven might audition for some much desired primetime/main channel exposure?

7 Likes

I could see Ang Bishop hosting this. I think she would be great.

I thought it was going to be up to 3 shows next year, including Sunday Night Takeaway.

No.

And no.

Okay cool, thanks for the valuable personal input :+1:t3:

4 Likes

Doubt it. It will probably air on a Sunday or Monday night and leave Bach in Paradise for the other nights of the week. Not my favourite acquisition of ten’s but they needed something to air with Bachelor in Paradise.

she’ll only be on a few episodes as her holidays will undoubtedly come up, leaving Hugh Riminton filling her dancing shoes.

11 Likes

This was apparently in the paper last week, Denyer ‘confirming’ that he has been offered the role on DWTS while at the Logies. Make of it what you will until there are any official confirmations…

3 Likes

So it’s a choice between overexposing Bondi Vet and Julia Morris or Grant Denyer?

One wonders if there are any other hosts in Australia?

The same old personalities drive people insane.

9 Likes

All of the social media accounts have been created to secure them before the show is confirmed by Ten.

Twitter:

Instagram:

Facebook:

2 Likes

The Twitter handle for the original BBC version (Strictly Come Dancing) is bbcstrictly, and the US version is DancingABC.
TV Tonight is tipping Grant Denyer and Amanda Keller to co-host.

2 Likes

Grant won the show 12 years ago in 2006 when it was on 7

Amanda and her partner were eliminated 5th on 31 October 2006 during the fifth season of the show.