Dancing with the Stars

I am quite surprised that Ten (out of everyone) are the ones that are tied to this rumour of a Dancing with the (Z-list) stars revival.

Ten (as a brand) as always been the younger, hip network. Most of the franchises you associate with Ten are those younger skewing shows (Big Brother, Bachelor, Aus Survivor). Sure, they do have some boarder skewing shows (Masterchef), those shows still preform decently with a younger crowd. DWTS is something that I don’t see having a strong apeal with that younger demo that is targeted by Ten.

Additionally, I am surprised that there is even talk of a revival from anyone. It is not somthing that has a nostalgic quality. There sis no one that I am aware of that is clamouring for more DWTS.

6 Likes

If they can get a good cast, I see no reason why Ten resurrecting it would be a bad thing given the wholes in their schedule. It could bring some viewers over that previously watched on Seven.

But its the worst show! Its so boring!

2 Likes

That is a big IF. Seven did 15 seasons of the show. Anyone who is somewhat famous and wanted to do it had more than enough opportunity to sign up.

I doubt Ten (or anyone) could get a decent cast together (at least not without a impracticlly big budget to lure those big names who aren’t doing to embarrass themselves for cheep).

4 Likes

Do you think they get good casts on I’m A Celebrity Get Me Outta Here?

DWTS will be on Ten next year, with Dr Chris Brown and Julia Morris tipped to co-host. Production will start later this year (I guess it means rehearsals?). The report says Ten hopes to reduce costs by casting its young ­reality stars, so we could see people who competed on Survivor, MasterChef, The Bachelor and The Bachelorette to appear.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/channel-10-brings-back-dancing-with-the-stars-two-years-after-being-axed-by-seven/news-story/51407a992304377e8f04ab8306156358

5 Likes

Jesus Christ, this is the thing that turned me off from DWTS. on Seven I didn’t want another 20 H&A stars and likewise I don’t care for Masterchef contestants and bachelor/ette/in paradise people. why couldn’t they just bury this. it’s had its run, it’s time for new. content.

8 Likes

Chris and Julia are a great duo, Julia would certainly refresh this show, but I don’t think Ten should over-expose them.

Will be interesting to see who is on the judging panel. Todd McKenney is almost a certainty given his appearances on Studio 10. I wonder if Helen Ritchie will join him, given they both have been there since its debut.

Looks like I’m a Celeb has been replaced with this. It’s reasonable for Ten to try reviving DWTS. It was a ratings phenomenon. But I’m not sure going into it with a strategy of casting an abundance of ex reality show contestants as the celebs is a good idea

7 Likes

So I am assuming this means no more I’m a Celebrity. Such a pity. But this is probably cheaper.

1 Like

I’d say pre-production this year. They wouldn’t be rehearsing this year for next year! ha

Obviously the reality stars but would love to see some of the other network talent as well…a newsreader would be good.
Someone from The Project… Lisa Wilkinson? or one of the hosts from Studio 10.

So the show is effectively going to be one big infomercial/cross-promotional vehicle for Ten masqueraded as DWTS?..

I wonder which Neighbours Star/s will appear!

Colette Mann please! :joy:

2 Likes

How about Daily Bailey pumping it out on the Dancing Weatherwall?

9 Likes

fuck. you got me that would be beautiful.

he could pump it out for me all night long, it would be a dream :heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Now, now. We don’t want him to get confused. Given that 7 previously had DWTS, he will think he is pumping out the Pasodoble on Prime.

5 Likes

it’s called Dancing With The Stars, not Confused Tanlines & Hip Replacements

4 Likes

None of these people would lower themselves to performing on reality TV in Australia. Except maybe Iggy.

11 Likes