Dancing with the Stars

From a Social Producer at 10, read into that what you will… :wink:

2 Likes

Very good analysis from David Knox about the show.

1 Like

Scott Tweedie said on Instagram that he was only given 4 hours notice that he would be co-hosting, I thought he was fantastic.

4 Likes

It hasnt helped that MAFS and Kitchen bitch was on…might start to pick up now. Its a show you don’t need to watch from the start of the series :+1:

I know it’s easy to say this with the benefit of hindsight, but perhaps Ten should’ve held off launching Dancing With The Stars until after MAFS & MKR finished.

4 Likes

And shown what instead?

While the season probably wouldn’t have lasted as long as eight weeks, maybe I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here (as a relatively established format on Ten) should’ve been on-air for longer than one week of the ratings season?

Again, it’s far too easy to say that networks should’ve made certain programming decisions with the benefit of hindsight. But if Ten are once again airing lame rubbish in October/November this year as they have for the last few at least, serious questions definitely need to be asked as to why the network didn’t hold Dancing and other shows like Chris & Julia’s Sunday Night Takeaway until a time they would be more likely to score competitive ratings with Seven/Nine essentially having gone into “Summer mode” after the football grand finals in recent years.

I do think there should have been a break the hosts of celebrity and sunday takeaway…2nd half of year. How would masterchef go against kitchen rules?

1 Like

But serious questions were asked in the past when they didn’t have any new content between I’m A Celeb and MasterChef. They addressed that this year and people are complaining about that too. If they did show DWTS and Takeaway later in the year, they still needed new content right now.

Badly.

1 Like

Was the Idol production really that great? When I watch the occasional snippets of Idol back on youtube to me it looks a bit cheap and tacky but I guess I’m comparing it to the more recent singing shows. The Voice and X Factor definitely took things to another level production wise but I guess Idol was pretty well done for it’s time.

I agree. So many people saying that Ten did the wrong thing launching Takeaway, DWTS etc now but that is basically saying that Ten should have just given up. At least they gave some new content a red hot go. They need a different approach next year. I don’t know what it is but Celeb only being such a short season is a continual problem for the network. It makes it hard to launch new shows once it ends but they can’t just air nothing either. They need to somehow sustain that Celeb audience once it finishes.

I think because the article was titled “Is Dancing with the Stars the best live show 10 has made since Australian Idol” you wouldn’t expect The Voice & X-Factor to be used as comparison.

3 Likes

I like the idea of having a dance off between the lowest ranked couples.This way the judges decide who stays or goes👍

1 Like

They should have done this from the start. Then better dancers like Olympia would still have been here and Curtley would have gone much sooner. In the original UK version they have dance offs from the beginning.

5 Likes

I don’t think the dance offs are needed. Just let the judges decide from the bottom two each week. The dance offs just feel like padding.

3 Likes

There’s only one female celebrity remaining now, Constance,no I’m not including Courtney/Shane and her/his dance partner :blush:

Why aren’t you counting Courtney?

So you’re discounting Courtney Act as a female because it’s a man in drag but you include Constance as a celebrity? Interesting take.

1 Like

May I say, Amanda Keller is spectacular hosting the whole thing solo, period.

Out of all the best DWTS hosts in Australia, her and Dan McPherson are my favourite. Daryl Somers and Shane Bourne were the worst.

3 Likes

Never cared for Amanda Keller for this season as host for DWTS but Dan M was good host in the original series on seven.

But it’s all matter who does it for you when watching :joy::stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Scott Tweedie will co-host the show with Amanda again tomorrow according to today’s Sunday Herald Sun.

4 Likes