Dancing with the Stars

Pity nobody is ever watching. Production isn’t the problem.

1 Like

Well the voting system of the show is f**ked. Michelle and Aric are gone.

That fanbase of Curtly’s must be hot and loyal.

1 Like

The judges really are quite outstanding. So much better than what channel seven used to dish up. Have any of them done it before (judging) coz they are all naturals, and I love the fact that they will all Be dancing next week.

Craig is a judge on Strictly Come Dancing on BBC and TV Tonight today has a feature interview with him.

I havn’t been following this season too closely but I’m quite surprised to hear that Michelle Bridges was eliminated. Her or Courtney would have been my tips to win.

I’m almost certain that Samuel Johnson will end up winning as he has that whole story about his sister that keeps coming up. Seems like the perfect person they would want to win.

1 Like

At the rate things are going Curtly Ambrose would probably win :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yep, what a fluke! Next time I’ll try the lotto numbers…

I really liked Denise last night. I’d actually prefer her to be paired with Amanda rather than Amanda and Grant.

4 Likes

Curtly should have gone week one but Im not surprised Michelle went relatively early. She has been one of the weaker performers.

She has been improving lately though. Curtly on the other hand is still languishing behind in quality and scores, yet for some mind-boggling reason, he’s still in.

2 Likes

Good on him, nothing wrung with that in the slightest.

Of course I didn’t say there’s anything wrong with that lol :slightly_smiling_face:

On other thoughts it’s probably a good thing from another perspective because contestants can express their true thoughts rather than the contrived claptrap of other reality shows. Even though I might be annoyed by it I honestly cannot deny that his sister must’ve made a massive impact in his life.

It is milked for all it’s worth and he will win because of it.

My housemate feels the same way about him. She leaves the wrong when he dances.

Samuel has a strong backstory, much like Shane/Courtney has a strong backstory.

I agree that Samuel is very intense. I guess he’s just psyching himself into the character of the dance but it’s pretty full on.

1 Like

DWTS needs speeding up to make it snappier and to relieve viewer fatigue.
They can shorten the tedious pre-dance packages by half, and let the judges give their score at the same time they give their crits – forget about retiring to the upstairs area for yet another interview and the score. This would knock a substantial block of minutes off the running time.
As the number of contestants gets smaller, they could shorten the show rather than padding it out with other stuff to keep it artificially long. This would give the viewers some light relief in the middle of the season, when it begins to drag a bit. Running time could then be re-lengthened towards the pointy end when contestants start performing two dances each.

1 Like

I’m actually finding it a bit hard with Samuel and his sister constantly. Last week, I was actually questioning his mental health about it all. It’s fine to have the backstory and to have it as the purpose for him to be there but I feel that it’s actually affecting him in an extremely negative way - I know it’s a negative thing but his awareness is meant to be a positive thing and I’m quite worried about him and his mental state at the moment. I think that in a way by having DWTS constantly pushing him and that story it’s actually a little exploitative. I think they are pushing him as the favourite and he is being the favourite because of his story moreso than because of his skills.

1 Like

I don’t think they are exploiting it at all. He is super emotional and has just had a lot of angst on his life. This week was all about how he used to busk for a living. It’s not the shows fault if he’s a bit emotionally invested in each dance and goes a little over the top.
I do agree with everyone though… it is awkward to watch And I do think he needs to dial it back .

Various media reports that Grant is back in hospital so looks like could be out for next Monday’s show.