Dancing with the Stars

The Dance Beat with Tanya Hennessy.

Saw the show last night. Amanda and Grant were great hosts, and having Helen Richey in the audience and the same announcer from the past seasons were a nod to the show’s presence on Seven. The set and dances were spectacular. I didn’t like some of Craig’s critiques, especially those towards Cassandra Thorburn.

1 Like

No live watermark tonight despite them saying it’s “LIVVVEEEEE”

Delayed telecast maybe?

EDIT:
Someone woke up and realised. Now it’s on. :wink:

It’s a good program, but it is in a position where it isn’t going to make a dent in the ratings until MAFS goes away in March. I believe that is where you will see an improvement in 10’s ratings

I just wonder how a show like Survivor might go at this time of the year. It might get a similar figure it normally gets (600k) and open up the end the year to get a new program to air. Survivor is completely different to the other formats currently on air as well.

It fits in with what’s on this time of the year, with all the bullshitting backstabbing

Where’s the racist overtones like Daryl Somers when he would introduce Chong Lim with the most cringeworthy old school racist bullshit crap. He was the worst host ever to grace Australian tv. An egotistical mainiac.

This production has much more production values than sevens version. There’s a lot of money spent here.

It’s a shame ten can’t gain traction when the production on all their shows are of such high quality.

3 Likes

To be fair, the years when Daniel MacPherson hosted was hosting was the show’s golden years, until it became too repetitive and having Shane Bourne as host in the last season ruined it completely.

As for Daryl Somers, he would’ve been better staying on Hey Hey rather than hosting the show back in the early days. Might’ve increased the production value back in the day (which, for the time, was amazing).

Does anyone know who is the musical arranger for this series?Obviously not Chong Lim

Hmmm it’s a different type of backstabbing I guess though. It would be a strategical reality rather than MKR and Married. I just thank Dancing, takeaway and Ambulance it One Born Every minute would fit more with the bachelor franchise.

Don’t rate him as a host.

And it surely rated higher under Daryl… god he was such a useless old fart. I wish he was still on tv just so people can bag him. The Twitter abuse would be hilarious.

If Daryl was hosting the logies nowadays, Twitter will probably crash, and Media Watch would be on him within seconds.

He always seemed very egotistical and self-absorbed on DWTS and Hey Hey it’s Saturday.

Tristan has “loved” every dance so far tonight. Maybe someone at 10 could get him a thesaurus.

And Craig’s shtick could be entertaining if he didn’t come across as a Todd McKenny rip-off.

I find Craig to be more shtick-er than Todd. It’s absolutely hilarious given that he looks constipated whenever he’s giving the scores.

1 Like

Somehow the singing is even worse than last week.

Love the show but the singing is terrible!

3 Likes

I’m pretty convinced that the first segment (including the LIVVVVVEEEEE voiceover) is pre-recorded. Haven’t watched tonight’s episode yet but my guess is that the live watermark came on just as they went to the first package, same as last week.

1 Like

Really quick elimination - great to see.

1 Like

Which is what he wanted to do but no TV exec agreed.

1 Like

Well it has started with more viewers than both.

Second episode felt poor compared to the very polished first episode last week.

Grant relapsing back to his usual antics (which don’t suit the show at all), several cringy set-ups which were poorly executed and lots of awkward hanging moments which were uncomfortable to watch.