Dancing with the Stars

I personally like the band. Very refreshing.

@blackbox how is Fetch going? Any changes?

It has been solid trending #1 on Twitter for most of the broadcast.

5 Likes

Yep, #1 in Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney.
#10 in Adelaide an hour ago.

(EDIT: #1 in Adelaide now apparently)

But as I’ve noticed in the past, Twitter trends have little correlation with final ratings.

1 Like

Amanda Keller has been good! Work on your thumb and your bum. She is great.

5 Likes

It’s one bloody long telecast though. Courtney Act simply amazing. Give her her own chat show and get her to host big brother when they return it.

Channel 4 in the UK has already given her a talk show.

I really hope this works for ten. They have done a very good job of it. Everything is great. The casting, the set, the judges and even the hosts (Amanda is exceptional)! Hopefully it gets them 800k but I fear that the reality audience is already stitched up!!!

6 Likes

What are you watching on? AppleTV live stream is always NSW time.

Grant and Amanda are great (Amanda has definitely been the best host since Sonia Kruger).

The judges are interesting. More personality than advice.

However, the same old VO guy, similar set (love the addition of the all-round audience), dated dances and the judges still have paddles (surely you can digitally do it?). Would have been nice to get John Foreman to orchestrate the band.

Couldn’t stop smiling through Denise’s dance and interview.

2 Likes

I watched the final 40 minutes of it and I must say it was enjoyable from what I saw.

I too hope it does well in the ratings. I’m guessing the final hour will be relatively strong given MAFS would’ve finished.

2 Likes

Huh?
It has been an even split.

I hope 10 are reading this forum. If so, well done. Long show but it flew by - I had never watched DWTS on 7.

10 - nailed it.

2 Likes

If you read a few comments below then you would’ve seen that I said I only realised it after the first ad break as I have been watching it on delay in SA. While I was typing Amanda was doing the hosting and Grant was doing the interviews in the ‘Skybox’. Obviously it changed about after the first ad break and I’ve also noticed it. Cheers.

When Seven first started the show in 2004 it was a show like no other. Format was great and the whole show had a very good vibe. Their downfall started when they became complacent and didn’t innovate. Had Seven refreshed the show in a similar fashion like 10 has then Seven would’ve had a ratings winner on their hands for the 2nd half of the year.

I really enjoyed the show tonight. Obviously inspired by the American and British version but with a touch of Aussie humour tonight. I also enjoyed the fast pace of the show. Good job 10.

Don’t know which dimwit at Seven decided to pick Shane Bourne as the host of the show, when they could’ve used someone who’s more superior like Larry Emdur or Tom Williams, or maybe even the cash cow :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Talking about Australia :wink:

Lmao.

Website computer.

7 did this show very well when it first started. Certainly lost its way towards the end.

10 has injected new life into the format making it fun to watch for the old fans and definitely the new.

Amanda and Grant are absolute stars and that set is next level awesome. Amazing stuff.

Well done to the the network. Really hope ratings do well for them. Certainly a refreshing alternative to MAFS and MKR.

10 Likes