Dancing with the Stars

Which is the current UK Strictly model. Works well.

3 Likes

Sourdough, perfect for avo and an almond latte audience

2 Likes

Can I ask what is the difference between “Chief Programming Officer” and “Head of Programming”?

I know the titles have changed slightly at 10 now, but Beverley and Daniel are still in these roles respectively (previously it was Mr Mott and Beverley).

Because I know some members here, such as @cmo, have criticised 10’s programming team from both an oversight and operational perspective “this McGarvey woman” and “she has no idea” and “10 should’ve sacked this McGarvey lady”.

Trolls.

New judges.

Basically all unknowns to the general public. It’s a shame they couldn’t get any faces that are more well known or familiar. I’m all for embracing change but something feels off about this decision.

1 Like

Bonnie lythgoe will Be the familiar face.

Super surprised they didn’t get Todd!

4 Likes

She’s not on the list.

Don’t believe everything you read in New Idea and the Daily Mail. Last week they said the judges would be: Todd McKenney, Bonnie Lythgoe and Bruno Tonioli.

1 Like

But that is only three judges I was sure Bonnie was a judge.

Well, they’d better prepare 'cause international dance heavyweights Craig Revel Horwood, Sharna Burgess and Tristan MacManus are headed for the judging panel.

Now who are they?

Read the article.

When the original DWTS started, two of the judges, Helen Richey and Mark Wilson, were unknown. Paul Mercurio was known for one movie role and Todd McKenney wasn’t very well known.

1 Like

Who, who and who?

Is Bonnie Lythgoe going to be a judge or not? Strictly Come Dancing has four judges.

It doesn’t look like it according to the media release.

I like that they are relatively unknown. The show has enough (so called) stars without the judges also being the main draw cards. Craig has bucket loads of experience with the format and knows how to create drama on TV - has been doing it for years and years.

I’m quite glad they have gone down this route.

2 Likes

Well they couldn’t go with Grant or Amanda, and I guess Chris and Julia were busy. That doesn’t really leave anyone in the Ten stable.

4 Likes

Sharna has a big personality too. I’ve seen her interviewed a lot on Entertainment Tonight. She was popular and they kept getting her back on the show a lot.

1 Like

Stars Beware. Judgement Day Is Coming.

The dance floor has been polished within an inch if its life and the sequins are sparkling, but are the celebrities ready to have their chasse, shimmy and moonwalk judged by international dance heavyweights Craig Revel Horwood, Sharna Burgess and Tristan MacManus?

The 11 celebrities need to ensure their rumba, foxtrot and salsa are in full swing when they perform for judges Craig, hailed as the ‘tough’ judge on Strictly Come Dancing UK, and two Dancing With The Stars US alumni - Sharna and Tristan.

We have a feeling these three will take no prisoners.

Keen to know more about the judges. Well, read on because we are going to make it as easy as the cha-cha-cha!

Craig Revel Horwood.

Born in Victoria, Craig is a British based choreographer and theatre director. A member of the original Strictly Come Dancing judging panel in the UK every season since its inception in 2004, he knows when a star has or doesn’t have the goods and isn’t afraid to tell them.

Tasked with judging the 11 victims, we mean celebrities, on Dancing With The Stars Craig said: “I can’t wait to come back home down under and give the Aussie stars the real, unfiltered Craig treatment. I will be watching every move, there is no hiding bad technique or poor posture on my watch. I expect nothing less than perfection. And while these celebrities might be famous in their own right, the dance floor is my domain so they better be ready to rumba.”

Sharna Burgess.

Sharna’s resume is something worth high kicking about. A Wagga Wagga girl done good, she has competed as a professional dancer in no less than 12 seasons of the American version of Dancing With The Stars. That’s a whole lotta routines! She most recently took home the disco ball trophy in the 2018 season with radio host Bobby Bones.

Sharna said: “Having been a pro on America’s Dancing With The Stars for the last 12 seasons, I am so excited to be coming home to bring my knowledge and passion from the US to this stellar line up of Aussie talent. I can’t wait to see what these amazing dancers have in store for us all.”

Tristan MacManus.

Rounding out the judging panel is Tristan MacManus. This handsome Irishman has partnered with Pamela Anderson and Gladys Knight on the American version of Dancing With The Stars . Tristan just so happens to be married to an Aussie so that basically makes him one of us.

Tristan, on whether he will be awarding perfect scores to any of the celebrities, said: “I can see myself giving a 10 but I’m not going to trot them out willy nilly. I like to think I’ll give one when it’s due and necessary if I gave someone a 10 one week, I’d easily give them a five the following week just to pull them back down if that’s what they needed! “

Craig, Sharna and Tristan will determine, along with viewer votes, who of our 11 celebrities will be crowned victorious on the dancefloor.

Don’t miss the judges in all their sequined glory when Dancing With The Stars premieres live on Monday, February 18 at 7.30pm on 10 and WIN Network.

Dancing With The Stars is produced by Warner Bros. International Television Production Australia and BBC Studios, from a format created by the BBC and distributed by BBC Studios.

1 Like

At least 2 of them are actually Australian I guess. Bonnie would’ve been good however…

1 Like