Cricket

Yes, but only when the team plays overseas, such as the upcoming limited overs tour of England.

3 Likes

James Sutherland has given 12 month notice he will resign as CEO of Cricket Australia after 17 years. He will continue in his current position until a suitable replacement is found.

2 Likes

I wonder if he was forced out.

Iā€™d say unlikely if heā€™s given 12 months notice. Probably move into something less stressful, heā€™s still quite young.

So its just a coincidence that they are performing a culture review?

Doubt it, otherwise heā€™d leave sooner and someone like Kevin Roberts would be Acting CEO.

Havenā€™t heard his reasons, but perhaps with his kids pushing for section in the national teams itā€™s time to move on.

17 years is a long time to be in one position as well, who knows, maybe heā€™s got something else lined up already that doesnā€™t open for a while.

I donā€™t think its a coincidence and the only reason for the 12 month notice is to distract media into a different view.

1 Like

Actually itā€™s his notice period, and theyā€™ve been planning his exit over the last couple of years.

That might be true, but I canā€™t help think that ā€œsandpaper gateā€ has accelerated his exit somewhat. He like everyone else had to take some responsibility for the ugly culture of the Australian cricket team.

1 Like

Possibly, but media rights and pay dispute would have been in play before Warnerā€™s brain fart.

1 Like

He must be going to become one of Sevenā€™s new commentators.

1 Like

This year has been a very turbulent for Australian Cricket with the ball-tampering incident that happened in the 3rd test between South Africa and Australia that led to Steve Smith, David Warner and Cameron Bancroft facing suspensions. David Warner has been banned from leadership group for life. However, Steve Smith and David Warner will play in Global t20 in Canada. The resignation of Darren Lehmann has caused the fallout of the controversy.
Today, James Sutherland has announced his resignation as CEO of Cricket Australia. Someone will replace him as the next CEO in 2019. I know that there has been a lot of changes happening to Cricket Australia.

Well heā€™s overseen two disasters this year: the ball tampering and those woeful tv rights.

No balls, which is ironic. Shouldā€™ve gone mid-Sandpaper-gate

He got the $$$$ they wanted for the cricket rights, but it came at a significant cost with local ODI and T20I games lost to free to air.

@Sully Iā€™m coming to stay next year. Keep the spare room free.

6 Likes

Afghanistan will play in Australia in the first time in history before Indiaā€™s summer in 2020-21 season.
I also heard that South Africa will play in Melbourne and Sydney in Test Series in the 2022-23 Summer.
Australia will have no Test in Jan 2020 following the Sydney Test.
This is a big overhaul in Australia tours programme.

2 Likes

I still canā€™t get over the score in last nightā€™s 3rd ODI against England.
To concede that many runs and to lose by that marginā€¦ :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Ooh a night on the Peronis - might have to get the corporate credit card out :wink:

3 Likes

One of our bowlers conceded 100 runs in 9 overs, which really sums it up.

1 Like