Cricket

After bowling Pakistan out for <150?

2 Likes

At least it was a more exciting draw than the first test, down to the final session and all results still possible is a good way to have it. Not sure how it would have gone by enforcing the follow on - we could have bowled them out again for under 200 again and had an innings plus victory or they could have batted to 500 and still would have been a draw. All the coulda, woulda, shoulda can’t accurately predict what would have happened.

6 Likes

I don’t think Pakistan were ever really going to win it, the target was always just a bit too far out of reach.

Had they kept it at the 4 wickets down they were still getting enough 6’s at times that it could have switched into a more T20 mindset and could have been chased down but for a 4th innings wicket it certainly broke some records as it was and was quite impressive.

4 Likes
2 Likes

Australia has won the three-test series against Pakistan 1-0 after claiming the third and final test in Lahore by 115 runs. The result was not decided until the final session of the final day of the match, during which the tourists took the last five wickets.

It was only Australia’s third series victory in Pakistan, their first overseas test series win since 2016 and first in Asia since 2011.

Usman Khawaja was named player of the series for scoring 496 runs over the three tests, and Pat Cummins player of the match for taking eight wickets in this test, including the final wicket of Pakistan’s second innings.

1 Like

Congratulations to Australia. WA is in the Shield Final too on an eventful day

Sky Sports have been livestreaming games (I assume just England ones) on YouTube for the ongoing World Cup. Just straight world feed though, no watermark or ad breaks.

England Women has advanced to the Final after beating South Africa Women by 137 runs in the semi final at Hayley Oval, Christchurch. Chasing for 294, South Africa got off to a very poor start and never recovered during the match. South Africa has a history of losing in semi-finals in ICC events. Why do South Africa continue to have missed chances?
England will play Australia in the Womens World Cup final.

1 Like

This could be the ultimate revenge for England, after they lost the previous encounter at this World Cup, and the Women’s Ashes series earlier this year.

Australia remain the hot favourite after eight straight wins.

1 Like

This is the same final match-up as the last edition.

Yep, I can’t see Australia losing.

They should win the tournament.

2 Likes

No its not. It was India v England. It is the first Aus v Eng Women’s WC final since 1988

:man_facepalming: sorry yes, my mistake. I always hear about Australia losing that tournament that I thought it was Aus v Eng.

Pakistan claimed the ODI series against Australia 2-1, after a nine-wicket victory in the third match in Lahore overnight.

Australia opener Rachael Haynes has broken the long-standing record created by New Zealand great Debbie Hockley by scoring the most runs ever at an ICC Women’s Cricket World Cup.

1 Like

AUSTRALIA WIN THEIR SEVENTH WORLD CUP TITLE!

2 Likes

Australian women’s team have added the ODI World Cup to the T20 World Cup won in 2020. They repeated their feat in the 1997 ODI World Cup when they went through the entire tournament undefeated.

Australia beat defending champions England by 71 runs in today’s final in Christchurch. A career-best innings of 170 by Alyssa Healy and two century partnerships with Rachael Haynes (68) and Beth Mooney (62) set up the Aussies’ massive score of 5/356. In the run chase, England lost wickets at regular intervals with Nat Sciver fighting a lone hand with 148 not out. Spinners Alana King and Jess Jonassen each took three wickets.

Not surprisingly, Healy was named player of the match and the tournament (she made 509 runs in nine matches).

2 Likes

Now for the Commonwealth Games!

England looked like the only country who posed a real threat to beating Australia the whole tournament

2 Likes