Cricket

Hasn’t been much rain so far this summer.

3 Likes

LOL

Go jump

Luke @pelican was being sarcastic about Sydney being Australia’s sporting capital

1 Like

Thanks William, I understand.

As I think you know I don’t actually want him to go jump :wink:

Well if you had said that just two seconds ear-

5 Likes

RIP Matlock

We are richer
For having lost him

3 Likes

Really looking forward to the big bash tonight. Does anyone think their is a fan base growing for teams? Like those in Melbourne do you have a team you support?

1 Like

Haven’t watched a game since they went to the franchise setup from the state based comp and haven’t regretted it. Couldn’t tell you who won it last year (or any year for that matter).

Any reason why? I think it’s a fantastic competition.

I enjoy watching BBL, but wouldn’t say I follow one of the teams or care about the results.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure how things would go moving from the state based comp to the Big Bash and city based teams, especially here in parochial Tasmania but it has really caught on, lots of fans of the Hobart Hurricanes across the state and it’s a great competition. I thought Foxtel did a great job with the initial couple of seasons but having it move to Ten and FTA has been the best thing for it and has really turned it into a success.

4 Likes

I still don’t understand why there are still no radio coverage of Hobart Hurricanes games in the Hobart area, even after seven seasons. CA should let one of the local stations to relay Macquarie Radio’s call.
Also an update on the commentary choices available on the earpieces sold at the test venues. According to Fairfax, ABC and BBC Radio will be heard on the earpieces again during the Ashes tests in Melbourne and Sydney, replacing Triple M and BT Sport respectively.

Perhaps no local station has bid for it or wants it?

4 Likes

Cricket Australia has cracked down on slow over rates in the BBL, sending a fine of $1,000 to each player involved in the first two matches of the new season. A strike is also recorded against each captain’s name, and a second slow over rate offence this season will see them suspended for a game.

Why is the women’s fine a quarter the men’s despite the fact that they are now on the same salary scales?

I really don’t like this rule.

1 Like

Because…

2 Likes

Last year Brendan McCullan got suspended for it and I just feel it robs supporters of the biggest stars because of a slow over rate. Fine the club and that should deter enough.

I doubt players would care enough if the club got fined. However I agree that suspending players isn’t ideal, perhaps docking competition points or having them start with say minus 10 runs in the next match might get them to buck their ideas up. To be honest, cos it’s T20 and more open to gimmicks, I wouldn’t be opposed to something like a shot clock between each ball perhaps to keep them honest.

4 Likes

I also think docking competition points is better than a fine.