Cricket

Still a good atmosphere though better than the Brisbane game on Friday.

Great win by Pakistan.

They did well to comeback like that after the Brisbane game.

What a run total at SCG!

Over 300 for Pakistan to chase.

Another thrashing, also lost an early wicket.

We recovered well from the shock loss at the 'G.

I thought Pakistan played quite well. Obviously Australia bowled them all out and won by quite a bit but I donā€™t know if thrashing is the correct term.

Disagree, their fielding was abysmal and they dropped almost every batsman at least once! Their bowling was ordinary apart from Hasan Ali and only Sharjeel got going in the chase.

Should have said in their batting innings. Their fielding was a shocker. I still think they were competitive until around the 34th over.

1 Like

I donā€™t understand why Cricket Australia couldnā€™t organise Cricket to be on every night of the week this week? No game on Sunday? What is up with that? Not even a 20/20 game? There should have been no break on Tuesday this week (or whenever it was) and todays game probably should have been a 20/20 game. They have to sort out the schedule for next year.

Thereā€™s a New Zealand ODI series starting Monday

1 Like

Big Bash is getting bigger next season. Expanding from 32 to 40 regular games. In the immediate future there is no plans to increase the teams but they remain open minded. The price of The Big Bash was already bound to go up and with an extra 8 games can only imagine creating more cost to networks wishing to bid.

2 Likes

Hawthorn will take on North Melbourne in a special fundraising match to be livestreamed from 7pm tonight on cricket.com.au from UTAS Stadium in Launceston. Funds will be raised for the Ponting Foundation. Ricky Ponting and Damian Fleming are captains.

HAW vs NTH in cricket or Aussie Rules?

Cricket

1 Like

Sorry, yep Cricket. Both those teams chosen because Hawks play home games at UTAS Stadium and North Melbourne play home games at Bellerive during the AFL season.

Sydney Sixes were proposing a Christmas Eve 4pm fixture with a Christmas Carols concert post match during BBL05.

2 Likes

My Predictions where 8 Regional Fixtures will be played during BBL07: (Note team listed will be the Home team)

• Perth Scorchers: Marrara Oval, Darwin
  • Adelaide Strikers: Trafalgar Park, Alice Springs
  • Brisbane Heat: Tony Ireland Stadium, Townsville
  • Melbourne Stars: Cazalyā€™s Stadium, Cairns
  • Sydney Thunder: Manuka Oval, Canberra
  • Sydney Sixes: Newcastle No 1 Sportsground, Newcastle
  • Melbourne Renegades: Kardinia Park, Geelong
  • Hobart Hurricanes: York Park, Launceston.

Highly doubtful considering itā€™s Football Season (and the tropical wet season) in the Top End in January.

Just an idea for the Big Bash next year. Perhaps CA could look at having the Semi Finals on; Thursday 25th of January and Saturday 27th January. They could then have the Final on Friday 2nd of February. Would provide minimal gaps in the schedule while the tennis is on, which surely is CAā€™s aim.

I donā€™t think CA and/or Ten are looking to avoid clashes with the tennis. The grand final on Saturday this year followed by the launch of Celebrity one day ahead of the reality competition is pretty much the ideal scheduling for Ten. So had there been any extra games this year, Ten would have preferred the second semi last night and the first on Wednesday with extra games played on Sunday and Monday.

No I am suggesting the opposite. I think CA would want to have games against all tennis.

Unfortunately having the semi final last night would be impossible as teams are required to have 48 hours break between matches.

As for the ideal schedule for Ten I think having the GF on a Friday during the same week as their launch would be even more ideal. It creates a bigger platform to launch all shows.

Why canā€™t a free to air network get the rights to Australian games played overseas? The ODI games between NZ and Australia could easily be slotted in during the day.

1 Like