Cricket on Radio

ABC commentary team for today’s third and deciding ODI between Australia and South Africa at Hobart: Jim Maxwell, Alister Nicholson and Matt Clinch with experts Jason Gillespie, John Hastings and Xavier Doherty.
Macquarie’s team is Bruce Eva, Tim Lane, Glenn McGrath, John Emburey, Darren Lehmann and Julia Price.

1 Like

Did Macq team go down to hobart or stay in studio?

They’re there.

ABC commentary team for the Twenty20 match on Gold Coast (delayed due to heavy rain): Quentin Hull, Corbin Middlemas, Andy Bichel and Nathan Hauritz.
Note the drop in cricket pitch is about 45 degrees from AFL centre square which is directly in front of the big LED screen.

Former Australian women’s team vice captain Alex Blackwell made her commentary debut for Macquarie Radio this evening. The team was Tim Lane, Darren Lehmann, Carl Rackemann and Blackwell.

1 Like

Macquarie Radio has confirmed the core commentary team for the Twenty20 international series between Australia and India is: Darren Lehmann, Carl Rackemann, John Emburey, Kristen Beams, Ian Chappell, Glenn McGrath and Alex Blackwell.
I think Tim Lane, Bruce Eva and David Morrow will be play-by-play caller depending on venue.

has David Morrow called cricket before?

Yes, for ABC Radio.

Only a three-man team for tonight’s Twenty20 match in Brisbane for MSR: Bruce Eva, Darren Lehmann and Carl Rackemann.
The team for the Melbourne match will be Tim Lane, Kristen Beams, John Emburey and Brad Hodge.

Rackemann is a nice bloke.

But sadly just has the type of voice that’s somewhat hard to listen to.

1 Like

Yep, ABC tried him for a while, as you say, nice bloke.

1 Like

Instead of doing ball-by-ball commentary this summer, Triple M have announced they’ll air a cricket show called ‘Willowtalk’ on Saturday mornings during December and January.

It seems like the show will utilize a lot of the people who were involved with their cricket coverage over the last two years like Isa Guha, Adam Gilchrist, Gus Worland and Neroli Meadows

ABC commentary team for tonight’s Twenty20 match at the MCG: Alister Nicholson, Matt Clinch, Peter Siddle, Dirk Nannes (who will also provide expert commentary for Seven’s BBL and WBBL coverage) and Joel Peterson.

MSR commentary team for the Twenty20 series decider at the SCG: David Morrow, Ian Chappell, Glenn McGrath and Alex Blackwell.
ABC’s team: Jim Maxwell, Corbin Middlemas, Andrew Moore, Ed Cowan and Stuart Clark.

During today’s WBBL doubleheader in Melbourne, Andrew Moore announced the ABC’s commentary team for the first test between Australia and India at Adelaide Oval. It is: Jim Maxwell, Harsha Bhogle, Alister Nicholson, Andrew Moore, Allan Border, Jason Gillespie, Mitchell Johnson and Ed Cowan.

EDIT 6/12: Alison Mitchell is back on board for ABC as well as calling for Seven.

Tom Moody is dping some Ball By Ball Commentary with MSR After previously being a special Comments Man from 2012 2015 when MacQuarie v radio network then know as FairFam Radio Network broadcast Cricket and Tom Moody is doing a great job. And SEN’s Commentary team is doing a great jib as it is their first time as a cricket Radio Broadcaster and we know what the ABC has done over such a long time with and fur Cricket that we don’t need to shout too loudly for them

I listened to a bit of commentary from both MSR and SEN on my drive home from work, and SEN team is doing a good job for its first ever stint at a cricket match in Australia.

I agree. SEN coverage is pretty well polished. Thought I’d sample all 3 stations but found myself just sticking with SEN the last 2 days.

Is MSR’s coverage syndicated anywhere else beyond Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth (DAB+)? Did 5AA take it in previous years? I guess with SEN taking their coverage into Adelaide there’s no real market for 5AA to.

I don’t think so. It was mentioned at the start of this thread that Crocmedia has exclusive rights to broadcast cricket in regional areas. I assume regional stations will be taking SEN’s coverage.

Glenn Miotchell will Join te MSR Cimmentary team for the Second Test at Oorus Sraduium in Pertyh stsrting on Fryuday at 1pm EST 10AM EWST

Good to hear Glenn making a return to the airwaves.

1 Like