Cricket on Radio

If you’re using a smart speaker like Google Home or Alexa asking it to play ‘Today FM Dunedin’ works I find.
Asking for Auckland/Wellington/Christchurch seems to default to the FM version in those cities which doesn’t have the cricket (given those 3 cities have Today FM on both AM and FM).

1 Like

Its kinda of strange you get Today FM on AM.

1 Like

Thanks, do prefer the NZ commentary.

It seems my Smart TV can’t do Kayo Multiview anyhow (but the laptop can).

2 Likes

Yeah TVs don’t have multi view. I believe it’s to do with the processing power.

Mine does?

What TV do you have?

Hardly a surprise that lower-end smart TVs don’t have the processing power required. Have an el cheapo Hisense in the bedroom that doesn’t even have Kayo built in; it struggles masterfully enough with Freeview Plus, mind you.

1 Like

I have the X80J Bravia but it’s definitely on the lower end. Suits me fine as I’m not a TV junkie but obviously this is the reason.

3 Likes

ABC Sport on digital radio will broadcast the Marsh Cup one-day domestic final between WA and SA live from WACA Ground in Perth, this Wednesday (March 8) at 3pm AEDT.

3 Likes

SEN’s coverage of the fourth and final test between India and Australia will be broadcast nationally today and Friday, except on 1170 in Sydney which is taking NRL tonight and tomorrow (6pm match).

In Brisbane, 693 will broadcast the cricket from 2.25pm to 8pm local time, before going to the NRL.

2 Likes

On the ABC they said they were going to the NRL at 6pm. Suddenly I thought it was Friday but they got the day wrong. Its only Thursday.

1 Like

It seems that there won’t be a radio call for the three-match ODI series between India and Australia, starting in Mumbai this Friday, March 17. All are day/night matches.

1 Like

Or they’re being called remotely?

91.3 Sport FM in Perth will broadcast the Sheffield Shield final between WA and Victoria live from WACA Ground, start today at 1pm AEDT.

It will be the first time in a long time that ABC Radio won’t have ball-by-ball commentary of a Sheffield Shield decider.

2 Likes

Any reason why?

Either the ABC doesn’t have the rights to broadcast the Sheffield Shield final live on radio, or it is concentrating its resources on this weekend’s AFL matches in Perth (both Fremantle and West Coast play at home).

1 Like

SEN revealed it had acquired Australian and New Zealand radio rights to the ICC World Test Championship final between Australia and India, to be held in London on June 7-11.

The announcement came yesterday, just hours after Seven announced it had secured exclusive Australian TV and streaming rights to the match.

2 Likes

Some interesting outright lies from the article/release. The last WTC final was not on SENZ.

1 Like

The ABC will face competition for the first time for the radio coverage of the upcoming Ashes series in England, with SEN picking up commercial rights.

1 Like

Well 3DB were offering “synthetic” broadcasts of test cricket from England in 1930 (predating the ABC) Hutchy and his gang aren’t exactly know for accuracy.

1 Like