Cricket on Radio

Guessing they’ve only nabbed NZ rights only

1 Like

I think you’ll be able to stream it on the app though

They do which is good.

1 Like

Jack Heverin hasn’t been used the last couple of tests on triple m, any reason?

1 Like

Is he on leave? Or just the next in line and not required? Or is he working as a producer?

He’ll be with the team around McGrath Foundation commitments during the Sydney Test as well.

Was busy doing Basketball for ESPN/Ten for the Brisbane test.

1 Like

Looks like Seven was using the 3AW box, Tim would’ve been comfortable in there!

4 Likes

Recent retired batter Rachael Haynes joins SEN’s commentary team for the third and final test between Australia and South Africa, starting this morning at the SCG.

ABC Radio commentary team for the test match: Jim Maxwell, Andrew Moore, Alison Mitchell, Neil Manthorp, Kristen Beams, Stuart Clark, Ashwell Prince and Glenn McGrath.

2 Likes

Any idea of the team commentating for Triple M at the SCG?

JB, Dan, Blewy and Tubby are almost certainly calling. Don’t really listen to Triple M’s coverage. I’m more of an ABC listener when it comes to cricket.

2 Likes

How long do you have
Gus Worland and Mark Taylor opened the coverage
Brayshaw, Blewitt and Taylor did the first stint (always seem too)
Mark Howard normally does the second and rad Haddin was in the box, not sure on the third I only just caught them
Third stint was Dan Ginnane, Ian Botham and Gus Worland.
I didn’t listen from then on in as I came home but Merv Hughes is at the ground

2 Likes

Isabelle Westbury is at the SCG as well, so presumably she’ll be involved in the coverage too.

I’ve found that the irreverent tone of Triple M suits Test cricket, you don’t want radio to be overly technical or I daresay too serious about cricket. The intense technical analysis should be best left on television, especially if one is listening to the wireless while driving. You want the radio commentary to be light as much as possible, which is kinda ironic given the anger and disgust one feels when television punditry is inane.

3 Likes

Former cricketers Shane Watson and Belinda Clark were special guests in the ABC commentary box today. Shane was on this morning and Belinda in the afternoon (her bronze statue was unveiled outside the SCG before the start of play this morning).

2 Likes
5 Likes

Although it’s not my cup of tea (much as it often isn’t for AFL), I’m also not the type of person who thinks the Test Match Special-inspired dry wit of the ABC is going to be for everyone. If it brings interest into the game, especially for test cricket, it can only be a good thing.

Though it’s almost a lost opportunity that they haven’t been as interested in T20 given their audience (as much as that may be anathema to Ms listeners who wish they didn’t have sport at all!)…

2 Likes
2 Likes

Quentin Hull, Andrew Moore and Kirsten Pike lead the ABC’s commentary team for the women’s cricket series between Australia and Pakistan, starting with the first ODI at Allan Border Field in Brisbane this morning.

3 Likes

So the BBL is advertised within the cricket Australia app as having SEN coverage up in Coffs Harbour but you click on it, there is tennis. Tennis isn’t great on radio in my opinion.

2 Likes

I think CA should have a quiet word with SEN, and tell SEN that if the latter is not able to broadcast every match during the BBL season (especially when the Australian Open is on), that SEN should allow another station to cover some matches.

3 Likes