Cricket on Radio

SEN’s exclusive radio coverage of Big Bash League returns tonight when Sydney Thunder take on Melbourne Stars in Canberra to open the 2022/23 season. Interestingly, the match will be broadcast in Sydney on SENTrack 1539 rather than SEN 1170, and there is no broadcast available on analogue radio in Canberra at all (it can be heard via the SEN app or Cricket Australia Live app).

2 Likes

Interesting! I wonder if it will be on DAB SENTrack.

1 Like

It was on SEN Track last night on dab as well , tonight its on 1170 maybe the sixes are a bigger rating winner? :grinning:

1 Like

Well they are a Sydney team…

Then why were Thunder and Sixers treated differently given they are both based in Sydney?

This week, the first games for Melbourne Stars and Melbourne Renegades are both broadcast in Melbourne on SEN 1116, not SENTrack.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

The indoor reception of SENTrack on the AM Band isn’t good at Pennant Hills. I think need to be at Carlingford to start getting reasonable reception.

One feedback of the coverage I find the crowd levels too high, that is when I tuned in last night.

1 Like

I saw that was the case, no idea why but it’s the last week of the shows on SEN so I would hope this changes next week.

The current cricket match isn’t on SEN ie Stars vs Hurricanes.

Was for me earlier on 1116 at 5

Former South African batsman Ashwell Prince joins ABC Radio’s commentary team for the Australia-South Africa test series. SA writer Neil Manthorp is back also.

2 Likes

SEN 1170 isn’t bringing the cricket tonight. Just the best of morning glory. All other SEN main station have the cricket. It is on SENTrack Sydney 1539 AM.

Wonder why this is, again with a sydney team playing

SENZ will broadcast the two-test series between Pakistan and New Zealand, starting with the first test at Karachi today.

2 Likes

Off tube, I believe.

1 Like

I’d say so. Although they went to Pakistan for Australia earlier this year.

They did. Although I think SENZ originated cricket (outside of England tours when they did an Aussiefied version on the ground) has so far been off tube.

1 Like

ABC and SEN commentary teams for the Boxing Day test between Australia and South Africa

ABC: Jim Maxwell, Corbin Middlemas, Alison Mitchell, Neil Manthorp, Ashwell Prince, Stuart Clark, and Glenn McGrath.

SEN

1 Like

The ABC box is next to Seven’s at the 'G:

1 Like

Good stuff. They should get it on SEN Fanatic so that you can hear it on dab as well. Given SEN 1170 has Australia vs SA game.

1 Like