Cricket on Radio

Could well be his debut on radio, but he has commentated on a few WBBL games for Fox Cricket this season.

2 Likes

ABC/BBC commentary team for the third and final ODI between Australia and England at the MCG: Matt Clinch, Corbin Middlemas, Henry Moeran, Cameron White, Dirk Nannes and Alex Hartley.

2 Likes

ABC’s commentary team for the first test between Australia and West Indies in Perth: Jim Maxwell, Clint Wheeldon, Alison Mitchell, Kristen Beams, Carl Hooper, Kim Hughes.

SEN’s team

1 Like

They just mentioned the cricket is on 6RN (810 kHz) in Perth rather than on 6WF (720 kHz). Any particular reason?

1 Like

It was this.

3 Likes

While the current Aussie innings drags on, I tried to catch a listen to England vs Pakistan via BBC 4 Longwave 198 on SDR (as per previous years) - unfortunately I’ve now found out that Test Match Special is no longer on there, as the BBC have discontinued the specific longwave schedule in preparation for ultimately shutting the LW service down. As I can’t use a VPN at work does anyone have any ideas for getting around the normal BBC radio geoblock?

1 Like

Why on earth is Candance warner commentating cricket

2 Likes

Coz she’s David’s wife and a Triple M host?

2 Likes

That doesn’t mean she is a cricket expert

Can you elaborate on her role in the broadcast?

I dare say they needed an extra person on and she was there and got the call.
They had Ashton Turner on earlier who isn’t apart of the team but may have been needed to fill a gap.

2 Likes

He was there promoting the Scorchers’ BBL win.

I wish the ABC was more like the BBC. BBC does broadcast the Test Cricket in Australia and then cut across to Pakistan for the test match there. The ABC doesn’t do the reverse from Pakistan.

Oh well I guess I can use a VPN :).

3 Likes

Is TMS available via TuneIn?

1 Like

Probably geo-blocked?

Well good news the ABC has got the test series on the radio in India starting in Feb. Really looking forward to it.

6 Likes

I wonder if they’ll have to provide commentary through a scratchy mobile phone? That was the done thing whenever the inevitable gremlins struck, back in the 90s and early 2000s. Memories.

5 Likes

Hope the coverage is on analogue radio as well as on DAB/online given that DAB is not in regional areas.

Local radio (like it was years ago) would be ideal but I understand that this would be disruptive to regular programming so reckon NewsRadio would be a good place to put the coverage as an alternative.

3 Likes

Two changes to ABC’s commentary team for the day/night test between Australia and West Indies at Adelaide: Andrew Moore replaces Clint Wheeldon, and Jason Gillespie comes in for Kim Hughes.

2 Likes

ABC Listen app :+1:

1 Like