Cricket on Radio

They have previously announced Darren Lehmann

I assume it won’t be but thought I’d throw it out there is MSR going to bring some coverage of the JLT cup. Maybe the foxtel ones they can bring commentary on
 Save money but they do need to pay for foxtel , they can get 3 months free of sport now :P.

New promo on ABC’s coverage starts this weekend, with the tag “tsunami of cricket is coming”. ABC Radio will not broadcast men’s Big Bash League but will cover women’s internationals, WBBL, as well as men’s tests, ODIs and Twenty20 internationals.

On Macquarie Sports Radio i have been hearing promos about their Cricket Broadcast Cricket with Darren Lehman, Josh Hazlewood & Mitchell Starc

Macquarie Sports Radio in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and digital radio in Perth will broadcast the women’s Twenty20 series between Australia and New Zealand, starting this Saturday after AFL Grand Final.

Looking forward to it

After looking on thje msr website i learnt who Sarah aley is

ABC’s commentary team for tonight’s match are Andrew Moore, Corbin Middlemas, Brittany Carter, WA bowler Andrew Tye and Sydney Sixers WBBL coach Joanne Broadbent. No Jim Maxwell yet.
Macquarie Radio’s team is David Morrow, Ian Chappell, Sarah Aley and Julian King.
Since both Moore and Morrow are calling the NRL grand final tomorrow, shouldn’t they be at home making notes and resting their voice?

I’m sure as professional broadcasters they will have completed their notes for tomorrow already and know how to get their voice in the best shape to do both.

3 Likes

Quentin Hull and Corbin Middlemas called today’s second women’s T20I between Australia and New Zealand in Brisbane. Quentin tweeted he would then take 1-2 weeks off before returning for ABC’s Invictus Games coverage.

Bruce Eva will commentate Friday’s third and final women’s Twenty20 game between Australia and New Zealand in Canberra for Macquarie Sports Radio.

For those wanting radio coverage of the upcoming Australia v Pakistan series in the UAE:

Streaming only, but better than nothing.

The ball-by-ball call will be available on Wisden.com and simulcast on Cricket Australia’s website and its app.
Brendon Julian, who is in Dubai as part of Fox Sports commentary team, will also commentate for the radio coverage.

2 Likes

Andrew Moore, Corbin Middlemas and Kristen Beams (captain of Victorian Spirit women’s cricket team) calling tonight’s women’s T20I in Canberra for ABC Radio, with ABC Canberra sports reporter Hannah Walmsley making her debut as boundary reporter.

Macquarie’s commentary team is Bruce Eva, Ian Chappell and Sarah Aley.

1 Like

Good on him. If MSR purchased the radio rights it would of been a step in the right direction. Nevermind.

1 Like

Would have been a good fit for SEN/Crocmedia as well considering they did the now infamous South African test series

There have been infamous series between Australia and India, but I think you might be referring to the South African series earlier in the year where some sandpaper was used.

Interesting that there will be another call for the Australia/Pakistan series; I will sample both.

1 Like

I was - thanks for picking me up on that

1 Like

The Wisden commentary is very professional and much like a BBC or ABC broadcast. The White Line Wireless coverage is OK but sounds amateur by comparison (which, in fairness, it is).

3 Likes

talkSoccer* has the radio rights for the current Sri Lanka V England series. Mark Nicholas is one of their commentators- a little odd to hear him on the radio.

The stream isn’t geoblocked like BBC Test Match Special so you don’t need a UK VPN to listen.

*Also known as talkSport. Coverage is on talkSport2 which is evidently on DAB in the UK.

1 Like