Credits and accelerated flow

That ‘now on ten - ten late news with sports tonight’ had me excited. then the vid ended :confused:

1 Like

This was one of the movie enders, that 7flix cut to at the very end of “Air Force One” (1997) tonight, screenshot from 7Live app.

I know I posted one similar some time ago, but that was from YouTube, based off what I could recall, when @SydneyCityTV and I last discussed, but this is now official.

So I think its the original copy from when Seven first premiered it back in 2000 (very old logo and hasn’t been known as Beuna Vista for a decade now).

Edit
Looks like I was incorrect. This Hollywood logo history site, indicates the above logo is from 2006 (scroll down to bottom):
http://www.closinglogos.com/m/page/Buena+Vista+International+Television

Still, a decade old copy.

Interestingly, I noticed “Sweet Home Alabama” (2002) on 7flix on Sunday had a different logo cut to at the very end.

This one (screenshot from the aforementioned site):
20171031_235904

Which it says is older (1998 to 2006), despite the film being releasd later.

So that copy possibly is an original that Seven have? Knowing movies years ago didn’t usually have their FTA premiere until ~2-3 years after theatrical release, I’m guessing Sweet Home Alabama premiered on Seven in 2004-2005?

1 Like

Tonight

2 Likes

We know they do it with every movie on their multi-channels, but why do Seven chop the opening logo(s)?

50% of the time, the film commences suddenly into the opening credits, or even opening scene.

(e.g.) Tonight on 7mate after the AFL, “Gone In 60 Seconds” started half-way through the stylised Jerry Bruckheimer logo :thinking: WTF is that!? Not at the start of it, or even just removing it altogether, as the Touchstone Pictures logo was also removed. They started the film from 18 seconds (in this video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eM76fUeAAUs

Nine and Ten never remove the opening/end logos/credits. The most they’ll do is speed them up or if main channel split the screen and show a promo.

1 Like

Just noticed the end credits of a re-run of NCIS on ONE.

They were edited as for a split screen, that would usually show a promo. With the “Bellisarius” and “Paramount Television” logos copied to the start instead and the theme from the opening credits copied to this (instead of the longer normal end credits theme). This would’ve of course been the case as a first run on the main channel over a decade ago.

So looks like these became the masters.

I can easily tell, as I have the DVDs.

3 Likes

I notice the return of All Aussie Adventures tonight has full credits at the end, like the first two seasons. Well done to Working Dog.

5 Likes

They had long enough to prepare it.

It’s really only Seven that are anti-credits / phobic.

1 Like

No end credits shown (despite a small glimpse of ‘cast’ at the bottom) for today’s 1pm movie Dave, just a ‘Distributed by Warner Bros.’ slapped on at the end of the freeze frame.

4 Likes

Are Ten now following Seven’s lead when it comes to removing credits from movies? They never used to, Nine still don’t.

But a few examples recently on Ten where after final scene it’s just abruptly stopped/faded to next program. “Starship Troopers” on Eleven on Wednesday after last shot, cut to “Buena Vista International” logo and faded right into Sex and the City… No credits whatsoever (which was annoying as the film was known for having a fairly unknown cast apart from one or two).

1 Like

With IMDB easily available do you really need credits any more to work out the actors? Seems like a waste of 5mins to show movie credits.

2 Likes

Yes because it’s often incomplete and anybody can edit IMDB so it’s also often incorrect.

4 Likes

It’s respectful to the people who work on the project. MEAA should lobby to ensure credits are always played.

5 Likes

Lots of viewers comment online at their displeasure when they’re not aired. I always stay behind in a cinema until the credits are finished, most do not (but then again I am a movie buff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

I also always stay until the end of the credits at the cinema as I like to watch them AND because there is the occasional movie that has a final scene after the credits.

4 Likes

What percentage of people stay and watch the credits at the cinema?

1 Like

Very few, I like to but usually only if I go alone. I’ve had the house lights come on and cleaners enter on me a couple of times when I was sitting low in my seat.

2 Likes

I used to try and judge/guess if a movie might have a special scene or gag after the credits, particular genres. But now they usually don’t.

1 Like

Sky News is indulging in a little accelaerated flow at nights.

Between most programs the last break has been moved forward a couple of minutes, the program then returns for a minute or two for a final rant and rave before the host throws directly to the next program which begins straight away.

1 Like

They’re doing what the US cable news networks have done for years now

1 Like