Credits and accelerated flow

“Hooray for f–king corners”

1 Like

Same goes for the credits on The Amazing Race. You have to pause the video many, many times to see the personnel and acknowledgments.

3 Likes

So why would you be doing that unless you wanted to employ those people?

As long as they big enough to read, it’s fine if they scroll through past. The keenos can pause and step through them.

1 Like

In some movies I’ve seen (across all Seven, Nine and Ten), sometimes they’ll edit the final scene meticulously.

As to still show a crucial scene or humour or bloopers (as is often seen in some movies in the end credits) but remove the initial credits before and after.

2 Likes

Probably in the contract for the show that they have to be shown in some shape or form.

1 Like

For those wondering about Seven and credits, this is from their documentation:

Closing Credits no longer than 30 seconds duration.

I guess that if they’re longer than 30 seconds, then they just remove them.

For programs commissioned by Seven, they can use the AFC (Accelerated Flow Credits), and for programs that have date specific info they can use normal credits for repeats (otherwise they’ll just use AFC). I assume they must use a template for AFC, rather than some special software, because they need to be included in the media file that’s submitted.

They say a lot more than that about other cases, but too much to put here.

4 Likes

I don’t believe it…

A movie on Seven is actually airing the end credits and in full!

[“The Spectacular Now” on 7flix which finished at 1:09am AEST].

1 Like

1.09am Saturday morning on 7flix… What purpose would accelerated flow serve in this instance?

9 Likes

Okay, good point.

1 Like

The new season of Offspring starts tonight. It reminds me that Ten’s dramas like it and Rush show minimal end credits on TV, usually 5-10 seconds long. They will air a short list of acknowledgments and copyright notice and a link to Tenplay website to see the rest. When the dramas are shown overseas or released on DVD, does anyone know if the full credits are restored at the end?

2 Likes

The very short credits at the end of Wake in Fright last week and tonight include a link to Tenplay website where the full credits are supposedly displayed. But when I visit the site there are no credits at all. Are the producers fooling us? I hope the full credits will be included in the DVD or when they are shown overseas.

1 Like

Ten have done this before.

They’re a bit slack at putting them up there on time. Last time, they were up the next day.

2 Likes

They’re not the only ones. True Story with Hamish and Andy would push people to the website to see credits but they weren’t always published until well after the airdate.

4 Likes

And while this threads being utilised…

No end credits in typical Seven movie fashion :expressionless:

•Terminator 2: cut to the “StudioCanal” logo for a few seconds & then the next progeam.

•Star Wars: rolled them fast at the bottom of an end of movie ‘split screen’, as a promo and trailer aired in the top.

2 Likes

I found the T2 credits on YouTube. Which version do you prefer?

4 Likes

Law and Order: SVU credits as seen on 10HD in 2009

2 Likes

Life on Mars credits

4 Likes

I think Entertainment Tonight have mastered this. As the show ends, the screen shrinks slightly and moves up so that the credits scroll through at the bottom of the screen.

I think all shows should do rolling credits so that when promos are shown over the top of them, they can remain large size and just scroll through.

2 Likes

Sounds similar

Just uploaded video of the above from 10HD

2 Likes

And arguably the best year (give or take) for NCIS & SVU :smile: