CRAM

3 Likes

We got a bit of a preview with how the game works on The Project tonight. It looked well done and a different concept from games we’ve seen before.

2 Likes

The first 5 mins or so are available on tenplay, though the show didn’t exactly get a raving review by David Knox from TVTonight and I’d have to agree with him based on the small amount I’ve seen.

Pete was being interviewed by Denis Walter on 3AW radio this afternoon.

It sounded good, Pete mentioned it was keeping in theme with the ‘feel good/family friendly’ genre that has proved popular for Ninja Warrior, Little Big Shots and HYBPA.

I’ll give it a go, always like a new game show and judging by Monday night (Wall) so do lots of Aussies :smile:

The live preview on The Project was rather dull as the animated story went for too long and wasn’t that interesting. I hope the actual program is better. Other quiz programs have had similar segments - play a video then ask questions about the video, so it’s hardly an original concept.

The set is nice.

Other than that I haven’t laughed yet.

Knowing someone who was at the pilot they said the hardly laughed so there seems to be heaps of canned laughter added.

1 Like

Cram

•Is terrible
•Will be axed
•Cheap
•Nasty
•Boring

I’m sorry Pete and Ten, love you both, but not right now.

Cringe, way too simple and easy

1 Like

I am trying to like it, just not funny
So how did HYBPA go from crap to must watch tv?.."…bottle it and pour all over CRAM

This really is bad.

1 Like

The set may be cheap but the format is easy to follow. There are a few laughs.
How did they make one team disappear during a round with a studio audience watching? Did the team members just walk out?

1 Like

Eh, it wasn’t awful. I laughed a few times. Early days, Ten will be hoping whatever audience there is comes back for more cause it’s all they’ve got currently.

I think back and remember not liking HYBPA? when it first started, felt cheap and then it later found its feet. I didn’t like Googlebox either, watching people watch TV? How is that remotely interesting? Now I love them.

Now both are undeniably breakout hits for the network and all it really comes down to casting IMO.

3 Likes

It wasn’t great but it wasn’t terrible. If it is cheap enough to produce and rates around 500k its an easy filler and could potentially go to Saturdays and repeats to Eleven. It is definitely not appointment viewing.

:thinking:

1 Like

team captain Endora

endora

12 Likes

The canned laughter is bad and really annoying.

It has potential but I think the show is limited by having only one type of game played on the show. It could work a lot better if there was a bit of variety. In the segments

2 Likes

The first episode will be repeated on Eleven tonight at 7.30pm for those who missed it the first time.

I have one thing to say to Ten:

You can CRAM this show up your backside. :crazy_face:

Caught 5 minutes of this - not funny. Not engaging. I wish I was not on my self-imposed painkiller ban, as this was excruciating.

1 Like

They repeated it last night at 7 on Ten as well.

1 Like

On tomorrow nights show guests include Rove, Rhys Nicholson, Zoe Coombs Marr & Celeste Barber.

Problems with Cram:
-Peter Helliar is a terrible host and just seems uncomfortable. His comedy is off-the-cuff, quick-wit type stuff. Scripted gear isn’t his forte, and the script’s bad to begin with.
-The ‘cram’ topic are neither interesting nor funny. It’s a whole lot of information that’s neither here nor there and one or two slightly ‘whaackkyyy’ related things
-The format is dull. There’s no incentive to play along at home, and the answers aren’t funny - by design.
-The entire comedy of the show relies on a contestant finding some funny story that relates to the topic. So you end up with: uninteresting ‘cram’ video on a topic, followed by Pete trying to squeeze some sort of comedy out of the general topic (‘anyone been on a plane…? No? No-one…?’) and then a question and answer that’s boring and unfunny as we’ve already seen the answers.

This could potentially work okay if you had a couple of general public contestants a la blankety blanks perhaps. As it is, it’s terrible. None of the comedy of HYBPA or Good News Week, and none of the charm of Spicks and Specks.

2 Likes