COVID-19: News Coverage 😷

I have been listening to this morning’s Victorian government COVID press conference on ABC News Radio. It’s good to hear clearly from the reporters (including Nick McCallum from Seven News and 3AW) asking questions to Brett Sutton, Martin Foley and Professor Sharon Lewin from the Doherty Institute.

1 Like

Melbourne news conference

3 Likes

7, 9, 10 and ABC once again breaking into network programing in Melbourne for the live news conference.

National audiences to Nine and Seven did not get the media conference that happened during the 11:30 am news.

4 Likes

Late press conference :wink:

Afternoon coverage pre 4pm

2 Likes

I can just imagine how sensationalist the commercial Queensland bulletins (especially Nine) are going to be tonight with the new case. Probably something like this:

Brace yourself Queensland!!! COVID-19 is back (air horns blaring) as a petty Victorian crosses into our border ILLEGALLY, now threatening our state’s livelihood. What does this mean for your annual super and how will it affect the best deals for toilet paper?

Nine News Queensland, Fear not Facts tonight at 6.

7 Likes

Imagine the Courier-Mail tomorrow.

4 Likes

The Shovel have the right idea.

12 Likes

Pretty accurate, but no mention of best toilet paper deals :wink: Though some discussion of the possible fines and penalties that can be imposed. Also, mentioned, civil damages from companies that could be forced to shut down. So far the “facts” are not looking good for the couple’s story as presented even by the police.

6 Likes

Heavy criticism of the couple wasn’t restricted to Queensland news.

2 Likes

have they found a way to blame Dan for this?

1 Like

I think yesterday’s Melbourne weather was Dan’s fault.

5 Likes

Hmm.

1 Like

10 News (Q) vaccination counter

5 Likes

Sydney presser today - Nine’s coverage only lasted for 50 seconds then broke to an ad (incl Sydney market).

4 Likes

It must have been some kind of technical issue maybe lost the link very much unlike Nine to not cover the press conference.

Melbourne press conference today

2 Likes

Welcome to Melbourne #black

2 Likes

The worst of the worst.