COVID-19: Melbourne/Greater Victoria Re-Opens

Last I heard, the DNA sequencing to find out the variant costs $30,000 a pop. I’d hope they are keeping that to the bare minimum for a test sample.
Is the data really that important at this point?

1 Like

It was reported a couple of days ago that they’re no longer testing to determine which strain someone has, which is probably why they’re calling it ‘regular’ covid.

1 Like

That is not correct. You are told positive or negative. They do not genetically sequence everyone’s results.

1 Like

this will be the new definition of close contact that requires testing and isolation. from 12am

The confirmed case will ISO for 7 days (from test date and have a neg RAT teat on day 6)
Close contact showing symptoms MUST have PCR test
Close contact who is showing no symptoms must have a RAT test - if neg, must ISO still for 7 days (from date of exposure of confirmed cases) with RAT on day 6.

Yeah I did post this after:

Has anyone else stopped looking at the numbers each and every day?

Ever since the re-opening, I’ve stopped looking into the daily numbers and started to enjoy life again. Now I basically skim though them - similar to Facebook. It’s probably not the attitude to have but I don’t seem to care anymore. Where as prior to re-opening, I was right into the daily numbers etc.

1 Like

I did stop looking at them back in November but I have to admit I have looked at them more lately. Only because I have seen the trend in NSW and wondered how it would look here.

I’m more engaged with the numbers now than i have been in months. How high can they go?

Only really the last couple of weeks I have taken interest again. Although the difference from then to now… a few months ago we were gobsmacked by 2000+ cases and now 5000+ cases doesn’t even have as close to the same impact (apart from making me more conscious when out and about). I’m glad that we are learning to live with it.

1 Like

It’s funny thinking back to 2020 and how we were so alarmed when cases hit the 600s and 700s.

Nowadays we are recording 2000+ cases a day and no one bats an eyelid (except the media who are driving the fear).

1 Like

Continue Discussion Here:

1 Like