COVID-19: Melbourne/Greater Victoria Re-Opens

I find it hilarious he isn’t even in Vic :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I’m surprised hairdressers are still open in Stage 4?

Tomorrow’s press conference will state which businesses are considered essential and will remain open along with others that will close. That’s what I gathered to what he said today.

Who knows, hairdressers will probably have to close.

I guess we’ll know more tomorrow.

1 Like

My hairdresser messaged me a few weeks ago to tell me to book because if a stage 4 was to happen they would need to close. So I’m not sure if they had already been warned.

What a %*%# :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

4 Likes

Sorry, I’m going off The AGEs press release.

“Hairdressing businesses can operate if they request contact details of customers in case contact tracing is required”

Seems stupid and contradicts the stay at home orders if true.

Bunnings might do a trade only opening like they did in NZ. That’s the only portion of any other non supermarket retailer that I reckon will hang on.

Is this also applicable to Regional Vic? I’m not overly sure if the opening/closing announcement tomorrow is specific to Metro or all? I don’t think it’s necessary say closing Bunnings or Bigw in say Mildura.

Regional only goes to stage 3. Melbourne metro goes to stage 4. Therefore I don’t see them closing regional industry

1 Like

But how do you police restrictions like that? I could wear tatty hi-vis clothes and say I’m a tradie…

The gif that Panahi accompanied that tweet with.

It’s the idea that people shouldn’t be doing it. It is impossibly to police everything, but the idea is that people should follow the rule.

It’s like fare evasion, there is no one watching you every second but you risk the chance of being caught if you do it.

I also can’t imagine families rocking up in high vis saying they are tradies. People who do fudge this, well then they are an imbecile.

Rita is a piece of work. And that’s being nice.

If you were to have a tradies only policy, you need to have some sort of proof. For example - my brother works at a quarry that makes glass for use in ventilators - he got classed as “essential” and had to go to the police to get paperwork to that effect.

1 Like

Maybe she would feel more comfortable living in Iran with 306,752 Confirmed cases and 16,982 Deaths.

13 Likes

Those comments (the tweets, of course) are absolutely abhorrent.

Stronger descriptive words/phrases could probably be used, but they’re not appropriate for these forums!

3 Likes

where do i find this?

Totally abhorrent, disgusting and vile. Rita is a real piece of work indeed. Needs to be pulled up on her disgusting comments.

1 Like

Only 1 person per household can go to the supermarket per day. That’s easily at least a 50% reduction in foot traffic in supermarkets without couples/families. So I wouldn’t think you’d need to be worried about them being busy.

Yeah it’s happening a fair bit. Last night at about 8pm I did my grocery shop but also went to the Dan Murphys next door. There were two young guys grabbing bottles of vodka and other spirits, laughing about and clearly perking up for a big night. I’m almost certain they would have been up to no good to drink somewhere together or party. The curfew will stamp these things out.

I actually think the curfew is a good thing. There is next to no reason people should be out at night at the moment apart from the reasons they still can. It probably also free’s up a bit of police resourcing capacity too (with less people out and about). 8pm is a good time to allow takeaways to operate at dinner time and to give people an opportunity to shop/exercise after work before people should be home. Anything to reduce people interacting at the moment obviously needs to happen.

You would think that getting a haircut wouldn’t fit into the reasons that you can leave home? I’m pretty sure that will be the driver behind a lot of industries affected tomorrow and hairdressers will surely be one of them.

1 Like

That should be the rule every day, COVID or not. I did some essential shopping today, there were groups who thought that it was just fine and dandy to go about their business with the speed of a old tortoise. Seriously, half of the people should’ve stayed at home.

2 Likes

I’m going off Channel 7 and The AGE website. Hairdressers to remain open :man_shrugging:

Again, how does this fit within the new stay at home rules? Just close them down for 6 weeks. FFS

Are McDonalds etc closing before 8pm as well? Or remain open for essential workers to get food etc?