COVID-19: Melbourne/Greater Victoria Re-Opens

Yeah it is ridiculous. But lets not forget the people who have been fantastic at following the rules as well. But 119 people not following is just not acceptable. I think they should force people not following to go into stage 4 restrictions.

1 Like

and then people say it’s Dan Andrews’ fault. This is the problem, not him.

4 Likes

The media are out for Dan Andrews. The other week one journalist kept asking stupid questions about what he did for his birthday. And when he said I was at home with my family she said are you sure. Like she had some other proof he was out or something. If he had gone out for dinner with his family for his birthday he would have been smashed. Yet Scott Morrison seems to keep getting away with this sort of shit.

The media and Vic Liberals should hang their heads in shame with the way they have been towards him during this pandemic. Andrews doesn’t let that affect him though. He gets on with the job that he needs to do. I did not hear one word from anyone about Gladys Berejiklian and the Ruby Princess debacle. Double standards.

The Public have blamed Andrews for letting the BLM protest go ahead. He did say for the public not to attend but if he didn’t let it happen, he’ll be called a racist and everything under the sun. He couldn’t win that one.

Those who continue to break the rules take some responsibility for yourself and stop blaming others for your wrong doing. Plus it’s not his fault that the security guards couldn’t keep it in their pants or drove an Uber while positive to the virus. Andrews shouldn’t need to hold your hand through every step.

Whatever Andrews does he is damned if it does and damned if he doesn’t. There isn’t a handbook on how to deal with a pandemic that he can use. The last one was 100 years ago. My question to those who think that they can do a better job, what would you do differently when you’re probably under so much stress dealing with so many lives in a pandemic?

6 Likes

And he did admit the hiring of the security guards wasn’t the right move anyway. This is a pandemic and it has never happened in our life time. So leaders are sure to make some mistakes in who they hire to do jobs.

There were heavy criticism about that Ruby Princess debacle too.

1 Like

Mostly social media driven, not from mainstream media?

The ‘black and white’ apportioning of blame discussion happening over the past week has really frustrated me. Melbourne finds itself in the position it’s in due to a whole range of reasons from people not following the restrictions to mistakes made by the government to security guards not using common sense.

Anyone suggesting there’s one reason and one reason only for the spike in cases either have ulterior motives (eg; criticism of Andrews by pundits who don’t like him) or are naive

3 Likes

Victoria Police issued 133 fines in the past 24 hours for breaching COVID-19 directions 🤦

The fact that is up on the previous day is just unacceptable. Grow up people.

1 Like

@JohnsonTV An off-topic question - on your device is the link to story you posted showing as The Age or The Sydney Morning Herald?

It’s showing as The Age.

On my phone it’s The Sydney Morning Herald.

One of the breaches involved a group of people fined for camping in Omeo in eastern Victoria. It isn’t illegal to camp at that part of Victoria as it is well outside the lockdown zone.

Depends where they were from.

2 Likes

If they are from Melbourne it is

4 Likes

How entitled is she! Sth Melbourne Market is not open air and her stall is right at the State to the rooftop carpark which has handrails!

@littlegezzybear displays as SMH for me but opens as The Age.

2 Likes

That’s the same as me. Links to the Brisbane Times and WA Today generally do the same.

1 Like

I get that some businesses will be lost, and gone for good, but my god the outrageousness of the Victorian who are bitching and moaning about these restrictions, have no fucking idea. You are in this mess because you didn’t listen last time. Thanks to some nitwit in Victoria, its now spread to NSW. How selfish can these morons be?

And the liberals want to open everything up? Do we really want to see a repeat of the disaster that is America at the moment?

1 Like