COVID-19: Greater Sydney & NSW Re-Opens

NSW currently has recorded 100 deaths. Victoria 820.

Gladys goes but Andrews survives?

Doesn’t seem like justice to me?

They both should be gone.

2 Likes

She’ll not make it as leader before the next election. Someone will be knifing her before then. If it’s one of the idiots in Hazzard, Perrottet or Barilaro then they’ll stay in the doldrums.

2 Likes

Yep. Our state elections are always held every four years on whatever the Saturday is between the 22nd and 28th of March.

Ok, time to take the election chat to the State Politics thread

4 Likes

The difference is, The Andrew’s Government performance in dealing with last year’s lockdown and restrictions has been a lot better than watching Gladys half arse approach. Andrew’s and his government eliminated the virus. Gladys can’t.

Most Australians are struggling to understand what’s happening in Sydney and can’t understand why NSW didn’t go harder from the beginning, even knowing that it’s a more contagious variant. It’s been a balls up from the start to this current day.

4 Likes

Mainly due to the Federal Government and their Federally run Aged Care.

2 Likes

I get that but isn’t the ultimate goal to preserve life? Somehow, and I have no idea how, NSW have managed to have a very low death count and it’s week 7 in lockdown. There were hundreds by now in last year in Vic right?

If we are staying focused on our goal of keeping people alive then (again, somehow I have no idea how there aren’t higher death counts) surely NSW is doing their job?

Anyway, I digress.

Looking forward to some serious explanations tomorrow. If she even shows…

I know, it’s called vaccines. As much of a mess that the roll-out has been, there’s no doubt they’ve assisted with keeping deaths and case numbers lower than they otherwise may have been without a decent chunk of the most vulnerable already vaccinated.

2 Likes

Truth. Fair enough. I actually forgot for a second we had those. Sorry. My bad.

1 Like

It was reported yesterday - especially vaccination in aged care facilities.

Chief Medical Officer says lower death rate in NSW due to vaccine rollout (msn.com)

1 Like

There is currently a vaccine and most people that died last year in Victoria was due to aged care, which was run by the Federal Government. NSW currently have most aged care facilities vaccinated in 2021, which has greatly helped.

3 Likes

In regards to the 800 deaths…Aged Care and Victoria. They were literally dropping like flies dozens and dozens a day.

I would like to think NSW has bullet proof those places. Not only that, none were vaccinated in Vic.

It is hard to compare deaths between the two states because of lack of vaccination last year. It makes a clear difference, as seen overseas too.

Time to rename this thread NSW Second Wave.

1 Like

Who?

Leader of the NSW Labor Party.

I know. Very little cut through since the corruption days of Obeid/MacDonald et al before the Libs finally got their house in order and toppled them.

I know it’s lockdown central and you guys don’t have much else to do, but wow. Reading through this thread just gave me a headache lol

6 Likes

Eh it’s given me a lot of anxiety, and I’m living in the Norrhern Territory. It’s incredibly sad for NSW. The people don’t deserve this.

6 Likes

Thanks, we do not deserve to be in Lockdown but we are thanks to some woman whose party only cares about money than people’s health.

2 Likes