State/Territory Politics

It’s not digging when it’s on full show. ABC carried a few seconds of QT on the 7pm news, did the commercials also run it? You’re right though, something said in QT now won’t have an effect in November next year, but his arrogance needs to be contained lest that becomes his legacy.

Don’t worry folks, O’Brien has his priorities straight.

2 Likes

Don’t these people have any important things to deal with that actually impact the people that pay them? Enough with the signalling.

2 Likes

What is the context of Louise Stanley’s giggly “you all knew, well anyway”?

that clip makes it seem like she is making light of her own party’s imminent leadership carnage, standing just a few meters away from Michael O’brien. Reasonable, but brutal if so.

The order of questions was leaked before qt so ministers knew when they were getting a question and from whom.

1 Like

Good idea! :slight_smile:

I would’ve added Andrew “McFerryFace” Constance to that list of NSW politicians I hope never become premier, but nonetheless agree.

Sad thing is that I can actually see the current government being reelected somehow, due to an uninspiring opposition and sections of the media which probably want the status quo until at least 2027.

Andrews will win in Victoria come the next state election. Despite the hate he gets from different parties, he is still very popular overall.

The libs really need to start from scratch if they want to even have a chance. O’brien definitely cannot stay in his position.

3 Likes

Dominic is not the answer to NSW. Fuck I couldn’t even imagine to think of him in that job.

I don’t mind Matthew Guy but the Libs would be stupid to have him as leader given he lost the 2018 election. I think they should continue with Michael O’Brien, it’s too late now to replace him with someone new given the election is only just over a year away. Get him out and about in the community and direct some positive publicity on to him.

In regards to NSW, I really like Andrew Constance and think he’d make a good replacement for Gladys. From media interviews I’ve seen him do, he comes across as really genuine and compassionate, and cares for the people of his electorate.

The issue in Vic for the Libs is after Andrews there is 1 or 2 front runners who can go on for another few terms each, in Jacinta and James. Both will leave the Libs for dead.

Merlino wouldn’t even need to campaign. His stint as acting Premier appeared to be quite successful.

You can see why the PM keeps his distance from the Vic Libs. Probably the saddest political party on the land.

2 Likes

Daniel Andrews is definitely not as popular as he was before. People seem to prefer Merlino

1 Like

If the Vic Libs didn’t block half of Victoria on social media, then they might be in for a chance. They will be in opposition for a very very long time when you have the likes of Guy, Crozier, Newbury, Smith, and Staley in your party.

Not sure why they would want Lobster Guy back.

2 Likes

It’s a problem the libs have in Queensland as well.

Insipid boring almost gormless leaders who inspire no one. in Qld when they finally got someone who did inspire people (Newman) he won in a landslide and went full conservative in a state that is tradionally left in the state chamber, and with no upper house to moderate him he killed any chance of the LNP getting power for the next 20 years

in the time since we’ve got Deb Frecklington, Crestifulli and other gormless people who would argue water is dry because the ALP said water is wet.

7 Likes

Watch Merlino lose his seat.

The reality is that Andrews, or really Victoria’s ALP in general will cruise through for as long as their opposition is a useless bunch of dimwits in O’Brien, Smith, Staley etc. who provide no useful resources or advice to the public discourse. Even if Andrews isn’t the best leader (but really, no one it), his direct opponent is about 10x worse and Andrews still have Jacinta Allan and James Merlino who are both well capable compared to their opposition.

Same applies to Queensland and WA. All of Andrews, Palaszczuk and McGowan and will sail through because they’ve actually shown responsible leadership in this time, compared to their one-pony trick opposition who’s done nothing but whinge and bark out the same opposition-for-opposition lines to fill their quota in that position.

Direct positive publicity? He’s bringing all the negative publicity onto himself because of himself and his party’s disgraceful antics throughout their time in opposition.

If he gets out and about in the community he’ll be showered in rotten eggs and tomatoes.

2 Likes

It’s probably why the libs in Victoria are poaching the likes of Nick reiwoldt and Chris Judd.

Very good synopsis of the Qld LNP.

Maybe it’s time the LNP tapped someone with charisma like Gold Coast Mayor Tom Tate or Brisbane Lord Mayor Adrian Schrinner. Can lightning strike twice?

won’t be tate. he’s as dodgy as a $3 bill.

3 Likes

Possibly but he’s very popular on the Gold Coast. The key to winning Queensland for the LNP is picking up every single Gold Coast, Brisbane, Sunshine Coast and Rural seat. If they can pick up the other regions than even better.