COVID-19: Greater Sydney & NSW Re-Opens

It really wouldn’t surprise me if they put the “B Team” up for the press conference tomorrow

1 Like

Oh this was 1000% deliberate. There’s always a reason in politics. They were probably advised by media relations NOT to have a conference. Who knows?

1 Like

can you imagine what they would do to Gladys on Monday if she and others don’t even bother to show up tomorrow. A sign of weakness.

They should face the music.

1 Like

I agree everything is done for a reason in politics but not like this.

1 Like

I don’t think are many nails left to go in the coffin for Gladys.

It wouldn’t surprise me at all if all Premiers didn’t make it through their next elections.

I’d be very surprised if Palaszczuk or McGowan were rolled anytime soon, as they seem rather popular in their respective states.

Gladys on the other hand, surely she’s going to face a spill in the coming weeks and potentially even days?!

McGowan’s got it in the bag. I don’t necessarily agree with all his decisions, but his popularity is insane to witness. Literal celebrity when he tours regions.

3 Likes

McGowan, Marshall, Palaszczuk, Andrews, Barr, Gunner and Guetwin will all see through to their next term and beyond. Berejiklian is as cooked as a roast goose.

Worst part for NSW is that there’s no one of either side of the big two who’s good enough.

7 Likes

You’d think Andrews would be pretty safe come November 2022

3 Likes

The entire country is affected by the action (or lack thereof) of the NSW’s governments actions not only today, but every single day since 16th June.

2 Likes

After today’s performance (or lack thereof) I can’t see Gladys making it to September let alone the next state election.

I’m not religious, but god help us all if we end up with Dominic ‘let it rip’ Perrottet.

3 Likes

Personally I hope that both Andrews and Berejiklian go at their next elections because of their handling of the pandemic, but realistically, I think Dan will be re-elected, and I’m in two minds about Gladys.

There could be a leadership spill (she won’t resign), but we also have to remember too that her majority in the house is by quite a few seats, so it would take a big swing to get her voted out. Also depends on what sort of an opposition Chris Minns provides.

Andrews?? Surely not. It was under his leadership where over 800 people lost their lives.

Nowhere near that amount has happened in NSW, even with this current outbreak.

If Gladys goes surely Andrews too?

Andrew’s will get in. No doubt.

3 Likes

Pretty much. Knowing what NSW Labor has been like for the past decade, I wouldn’t not be overly surprised to see them (again) change their leader a few months out from the next state election.

I agree that Daniel Andrews should go but it will never happen unfortunately. Vic Labor have twice the amount of seats as Vic LNP. No way will they lose that many seats to lose their majority.

Do you see what she is competing against in NSWs? Her government is pretty safe. Whether she is the leader is another question.

I’m not so sure about Andrews there is no doubt he will win the next election but his popularity in the polls has shrunk.

2 Likes

When is the next NSW state election?

Saturday 25th March 2023.

1 Like