COVID-19: Discussion of Impact 😷

South Australian Premier Steven Marshall said this morning that the SA-Victorian border would remain open, however people entering from Greater Melbourne will need to have a nose and throat swab on day 1, 5 and 12 in South Australia and isolate after the first test pending a negative result. Anyone who has been in the Grand Hyatt Hotel in Melbourne since January 28 will be required to go into hotel quarantine. Anyone who has been at any of the hotspots identified in Victoria is being asked to self-quarantine and contact SA Health.

1 Like

Today’s NSW numbers

NSW Health also said they began screening passengers arriving from Melbourne from early this morning. They would also have to complete passenger declaration. NSW Health added that anyone who has been in Melbourne since January 30 is asked to check the Victorian health department website, to check if they have attended a public exposure site. If they have they should get tested immediately and isolate for 14 days since being there, regardless of the result.

1 Like

It’s a crisis

2 Likes

Yeah that is what I meant. Still is my point :slight_smile: Again not that I think it is a big deal.

1 Like

I think that is pretty over the top.

3 Likes

its from 2:45 in this vid

1 Like

Why is that?

The border isn’t closing

1 Like

Yes and it’s not doing wonders for any confidence in the domestic aviation market.

Many people in my workplace have just given up and asked for Jetstar vouchers and so on, travel local.

You could get even get back home and they even backdate isolation if there was some outbreak where you were holidaying. Not even worth it. Will give it another shot Jan next year.

2 Likes

For one case from a hotel quarantine worker it seems excessive. Could just ask all victorians entering to follow the same restrictions that would apply in Victoria (ie. masks etc)

2 Likes

Border updates with Victoria -

• QLD won’t close its border to Victoria and won’t be deemed a hotspot either. Anyone who has arrived from Greater Melbourne since Jan 29 must get tested and isolate.

• WA won’t reopen its border to Victoria tomorrow.

1 Like

Guess I won’t be flying out on the 18th :confused:

ring your travel agent they will be able to organise either a refund or a tranfur

You still have a couple of weeks. Mark McGowan said it was a possibility it will go to the low risk. It’s only because WA are in a really high risk situation at the moment.

2 Likes

are not in a really high risk situation but just don’t know how to deal with it any other way

1 Like

Yeh I know. I’m still [a little] hopeful.

2 Likes

WA Premier Mark McGowan confirmed there were no new local cases for the fourth day in a row, but there were two new cases in hotel quarantine. 191 close contacts of the initial confirmed case have now been identified. McGowan’s confident the lockdown for Perth and South West region would end at 6pm Friday as planned.

From the senior producer of the highest rating morning tailback program in Melbourne.

https://twitter.com/heidimur/status/1357081006713360384?s=19

Andrews referred to the Australian Open about 12 seconds in, not 15 minutes. And not a tweet made in the depths of the night, plenty of time to fact check but no. No correction or deletion forthcoming from someone who I thought was a better operator than that. A good point raised, spoiled by an appallingly inaccuracy.

3 Likes

Would Australia be too closed minded to use the Sputnik V vaccine? seems like its the best one yet; more effective than Oxford/AstraZenneca, doesn’t require freezers, more doses have been administered with no side effects and seems like it is not as competitive to acquire if poorer countries are getting their hands on it.

I think Pfizer and Moderna look the best right now. Novavax is also looking very good. Probs give the Russians a miss. Imagine the conspiracy theories if we entertained that vaccine.

1 Like

Thankfully, it seems that nonsense has stopped in Western Australia. People going crazy and buying excessive essential quantities they do not need to hoard, leaving none for those who actually do. I thought people would’ve at least learnt something the first time.

I mean, really… :man_facepalming:t3: