COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

McGowan also announced an easing of restrictions for travellers coming to WA from South Australia from midnight this Thursday, but they would still have to quarantine for 14 days on arrival. They will still have to complete a G2G pass declaration and may be required to take a COVID-19 test at the airport, as well as facing mandatory testing on day 11 of quarantine.

The negative test means the pairā€™s more than 170 close contacts (including all passengers and crew on the Virgin flight from Sydney and Melbourne, plus 5 staff members at Melbourne Airport), who have been in self-quarantine, are now free to end their isolation.
1 Like

Today I went into a chemist and they told me to wear one. Bakery also, had it down but they told me to put it on. I just will wear it as I have done in the past to avoid the drama every time someone gets upset that I am not wearing, even though Iā€™m just following the rules.

I tried to educate the lady in the chemist about yesterdayā€™s presser but she wouldnā€™t have a bar of it. Iā€™m sick of arguing with people over it so Iā€™ll just wear the damn thing

1 Like

Dear news outlets and Gladys,

If you are describing the new rules as ā€œFreedom Dayā€, you must as least be doing thisā€¦l

2 Likes

ā€œFreedomā€ the most overused word for 2020. I now cringe every time I hear that word.

1 Like

Prince Christian, the 15-year-old son of Prince Frederik and Princess Mary of Denmark, has tested positive for COVID-19.

New categories have been added to the DHHS offical numbers tweet.

4 Likes

ā€œpossible casesā€ are going to be annoying, and cause a false panic every time. Especially with 20,000 recovered cases shedding the virus and more asymptomatic testing. they should just include them when/if they become confirmed. before then they can be casually brought up in a press conference so people arenā€™t in the dark. otherwise only those that need to know, need to know.

Perhaps DHHS should follow NSW Healthā€™s table format as shown in todayā€™s update.

So itā€™s been 5 days since the hotel worker ā€œoutbreakā€. I think we can safely say she didnā€™t infect anyone.

4 Likes

I donā€™t think its safe to say she didnā€™t infect anyone. Hopefully people are still getting tested if they were on public transport on those days

1 Like

Given youā€™ve listed two private premises there, they are presumably more than entitled to ask you to wear a mask, regardless of the governmentā€™s stance on the matter.

7 Likes

Trump administration officials passed when Pfizer offered in late summer to sell the U.S. government additional doses of its Covid-19 vaccine, according to people familiar with the matter. Now Pfizer may not be able to provide more of its vaccine to the United States until next June because of its commitments to other countries, they said.

https://twitter.com/CNN/status/1336100941213421570?s=20

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is awful if true. The virus has become out of control and the vulnerable there need it.

1 Like

Well Americaā€™s royally stuffed (again).

Well if it didnā€™t come to an end I would be concerned.

And all this talk and hope of a vaccine doesnā€™t erradicate a virus running out of controlā€¦ nor stem the deaths and long term implications of the virus between now and when there is enough adoption of the vaccine.

1 Like

Victoria may have some Hotel Quarantine positive cases tomorrow.

Is it possibleā€¦that COVID-19 will always be with us in some way or another, but things may eventually get back to something resembling 2019 normality because getting a coronavirus vaccine every year or so could eventually become as much a part of our routines as getting an influenza vaccine is?

2 Likes