COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

By the sounds of that this is incorrect from the quote you have above. Sounds like they are still required anywhere in public just like before. Unless I am reading it wrong.

your reading it wrong.

It says they are still to be worn in supermarkets, bunnings, in the markets where there are large crowds etc. How is that different to what was announced a few weeks ago?

https://www.premier.vic.gov.au/statement-premier-83

1 Like

This is what Premier Daniel Andrews just said:

ā€œI believe they are returned travellers. Whether they are citizens or permanents, Iā€™m not certain, but they were returning, or at least availing themselves of an entitlement that they had. They are here lawfully. Beyond that, I canā€™t speculate as to what motivated them to come or how recently they were here. Letā€™s let New South Wales do their work and we can see what comes of that.ā€

I still donā€™t know how that is different to the rules that were already in place. It just becomes confusing if you say in certain situations you donā€™t need to wear a maskā€¦

its was in all indoor places but now changed to They must be worn in indoor shopping centres and supermarkets and department stores, for instance, Kmart or Myer, IKEA, Bunnings, JB Hi-Fi just to give you a few examples. And indoor markets such as the Prahran markets. Large, big crowds, people you do not know or people nobody has used a QR code, there is a need or requirement to continue to wear face masks in those settings.ā€ and now only recommended for other indoor places

Victorians will no longer need to wear masks in cafes and restaurants

Yes I read that. But when are they not required then? As far as I was aware that was already the caseā€¦

We havenā€™t been doing that for weeks now. At least whilst sat at the table.

I donā€™t understand the changes either. Besides a cafe or restaurant, or outdoors, where can I go that I no longer need a mask?

1 Like

It just seems like a confusing ā€˜changeā€™. He was so good at explaining the changes the other week to the masks and now this is just going to create confusion.

https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/coronavirus-covid-19-restrictions-roadmaps

• You must carry a face mask with you when you leave home.
  • Wearing a face mask is only mandatory on public transport, while in taxis or ride share vehicles, or when going to large retail venues, including shopping centres, supermarkets and department stores.
  • Wearing a face mask is strongly recommended indoors and outdoors when you canā€™t keep 1.5 metres distance from other people.
1 Like

Yes which was the case a few weeks ago. I think people know the rules. They are asking what the difference is.

well that is the differnce

But there is no difference. They were already rules announced 2 weeks ago regarding masks.

1 Like

There has to be an acceptance that stuff like this is going to happen regardless of the measures put in place and when it does, its important to understand how or why it happened (so we can stop it happening again)

The fact that within a matter of hours of the incident, theyā€™ve been able to be tracked down and potential contacts been contacted is a good thing and shows the need for multiple layers of defence

1 Like

If youā€™re at a bar, you no long have to put one on to go to the toilet for instance.

3 Likes

and no wearing of maskes in the office anymore but it is recommended down from mendentory

Well if it is recommended we should be doing itā€¦ Something shouldnā€™t be ā€˜mandatoryā€™ for us to be just doing it.