COVID-19: Discussion of Impact 😷

Sorry, where is he going?

I read Brisbane. Not sure if correct.

Hopefully into oblivion.

1 Like

I think he’s going to regional Victoria.

Hopefully to hell. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

It’s been reported Australia will get the vaccine as early as January next year.

1 Like

A new case in NSW.

A hotel quarantine worker is positive.

2 Likes

So when are the WA & QLD borders closing? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Not good that there is another hotel quarantine worker catching it. Hopefully it’s an isolated case.

1 Like

It is good they found it really quickly.

2 Likes

NSW Health Minister Brad Hazzard said the woman (who tested positive to COVID-19) worked at both the Novotel Hotel, Darling Harbour on November 28, 29 and 30 and ibis Sydney Darling Harbour on November 27. Her five family members have all been tested overnight and have returned negative results.

2 Likes

Why are they working at multiple hotels? I thought we were better than this shit?

2 Likes

Utterly ridiculous that given what happened in Melb/Adel that NSW did not tighten it’s hotel processes.

I hope I am wrong but this better not be an outbreak that ruins Xmas here in NSW. This cleaner would be lynched. They should be taking extreme precautions with full PPE in all these places.

Maybe hotel workers should be quarantining at the hotel with the people in quarantine. And have a rotating roster every fortnight so at least they’re only coming and going twice a month.

We are at a point now where restrictions should be increasing at the hotels and it’s workers to be able to fully open up as expected on Monday.

It’s essentially one hotel split across two brands (both Novotel and Ibis are owned by Accor). They share the same carpark and I imagine a lot of back of house areas (especially cleaning/laundry etc).

The solution is daily rapid testing for hotel staff IMO.

2 Likes

That sounds brutal. At least they are testing all workers and can quickly get on top of it before it becomes an outbreak. I take this as a positive.

Again this proves there needs to be a national standard. Victoria went through the expensive ordeal to get a set of recommendations and these should be used nationally. Stop making the same mistakes

1 Like

It’s ridiculous that there were higher quarantine expectations for afl players that had no exposure than hotel quarantine staff that are the counties most significant vulnerability.

Hotel Quarantine poses the biggest risk to the community now.

I am not sure what the solution is… you can hardly force hotel workers, cleaners etc to quarantine at the hotel - they have lives and families etc.

We should absolutely be looking at moving hotel quarantine away from high-density cities.

I assume WA won’t open borders now.

1 Like

maybe not to nsw but it will still be open to us here in vic

3 Likes

Will it though?

The restrictions will be lifted next Tuesday, provided there are no outbreaks in New South Wales or Victoria in the meantime.

1 Like