COVID-19: Discussion of Impact 😷

Not in a global pandemic.

3 Likes

It’s hardly paperwork. It’s an app.

3 Likes

This is required at this stage to ensure people from SA haven’t travelled into other states first before entering WA. Also keep in mind that it no longer serves the purpose it initially did for interstate travel, it’s essentially replacing a paper form declaration like some other states are using (QLD).

If we get to a situation where all states reach no community cases in 28 days, I’m sure they’ll revisit some elements of the requirement.

4 Likes

Called it. The annoucement of the new contact tracing app stating that it would be mandatory for use after Dec 5th (which coincides with NSW reaching 28 days without community transmission) made it obvious that the state was going to reopen to VIC and NSW not long after that commenced.

Can you explain the new contact tracing app?

Unlike other states, WA removed the need for a contact register for hospitality and restaurants back around Stage 3. This was obviously somewhat of a weakness especially when opening to other states, so they’re reintroducing the requirement for a contact register effective Dec 5 alongside introducing a WA Department of Health derived app (SAFEWA). It’s similar to what is in use in other states and NZ as a contact register. Paper contact registers are still allowed for those patrons with no smartphone.

3 Likes

Just had a COVID test (and it was uncomfortable, as expected) after getting some cold symptoms. One thing I noticed is that whilst the face shield and mask are all good, the PPE gowns worn by those who tested me is very average and not the professional standard we see in hospitals. Honestly feel bad for these workers who are at a high risk of being exposed because of inadequate equipment.

Wait so everyone, everywhere in Australia can freely travel around the country now?

South Australians can’t enter Queensland for another week, at the very least.

1 Like

Apart from that, what an amazing achievement.

2 Likes

Honestly wouldn’t want to be anywhere else in the world but Australia (and New Zealand). We’ve done a great job.

5 Likes

We should all take pride in the fact that other countries are looking to us on how to manage the pandemic in their countries, because of the great jo we’ve done.

3 Likes

The VIC/SA border on the Victorian side is still closed I believe, unless that has recently changed.

No SA’s can’t go to WA or QLD at the moment.

It should be noted mark mcgowan did say in his press conference that they will shut borders if there is another outbreak. So just keep that in mind.

or you could arrive into WA and 2 days into your trip be forced to “quarantine” if your state has an outbreak.

1 Like

question: my father is going to wa later this month. after Xmas from here in victoria . he doesn’t have a smartphone. what do we do about the prevalent passes and codes?

Squee posted this above.

about what the g2p pass?

If I understand it correctly, it’s only closed to South Australians who’ve been in what’s deemed to be a ‘Red Zone’ area. If they haven’t, they just need to apply for a border crossing permit

Yes that’s right. Most people are allowed to travel to Victoria from SA. Same as Tasmania’s restrictions I believe

Yes that’s done online I believe. It’s a requirement