COVID-19: Discussion of Impact 😷

Cool. So Victorians can go anywhere bar WA, yes?

Can they go to Tasmania?

yes, since Friday.

1 Like

That is fantastic. I think WA will open up before Christmas to Victoria.

I personally think we’re likely to see WA wait until the situation calms down in SA before re-opening the state to Victoria & NSW.

1 Like

I reckon as long as there’s not new cases in NSW or VIC they’ll open. They’ll probably ignore SA until things calm down but at this rate NSW and Victoria are in the clear.

1 Like

The WA premier made it sound like he was assessing the situation the other day.

1 Like

A news report on how the new look Hotel Quarantine system will look in Victoria.

The Victorian Government also announced today that from February 2021, DHHS will be split into two departments.

The two new departments are;

• Department of Health (DoH)
    Health, Ambulance Services, Mental Health, Ageing portfolios and COVID-19 response. Martin Foley as minister in charge with Euan Wallace as Secretary.

• Department of Families, Fairness and Housing (DFFH)
    Child Protection, Prevention of Family Violence, Housing and Disability portfolios. Key policy areas - Multicultural Affairs, LGBTQI+ Equality, Veterans and offices of Women and Youth. Richard Wynne as minister in charge with Sandy Pitcher as Secretary.

Daily testing of staff and staff banned from having a second job is good, but should have always been basic common sense.

Have any other states implemented this? Some states were trumpeting that they were starting to do once-a-week testing of staff recently. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I think it’s great they are going to only be employing as full time staff. Other states must follow suit. And stop trying to save a $.

3 Likes

Victoria has recorded no new cases for the 33rd consecutive day.

5 Likes

Looks like the European 2nd wave has made a decisive shift to the East. Serbia, Montenegro, Croatia, Slovenia, Hungary, Lithuania and North Macedonia are the worst hit in new cases per capita and Georgia is the World’s worst hit in the world at the moment, over 1 in 1000 population testing positive every day.

Hungary barely got a ‘first wave’. I actually read this interesting article. For a country with only 10 million their testing figures are very poor. Yet they are still getting such high numbers

1 Like

Tasmania is reopening to SA on Thursday. Only exception is those going to high risk areas.

WA’s border opening announcement coming up.

As of next Tuesday (December 8th), NSW & QLD travelers won’t have to do 14 days quarantine when they arrive to WA.

1 Like

While WA’s move to reopen its borders to NSW and VIC travellers is welcome, the next step should be the scrapping of G2G declaration.

Why?

2 Likes

Because travel to and from WA should be free with no extra paperwork needed.