COVID-19: Discussion of Impact 😷

Personally, I think masks should be mandated around the country for workplaces, public transport and indoor areas. Of course there has to be some common sense with it. If you think you are going to pass out take it off and go outside for a bit. And perhaps the workplace should be making sure social distancing can be maintained so masks can be optional on hot days. Whether that is less staff etc. on days over 35 degrees. But I just think masks should be used as much as possible. I know I wouldn’t be going to the shops this weekend, with it being over 40 degrees here, and not wearing a mask. I know it can still spread in this temperatures and we have been told time and time again that this virus does not discriminate on temperatures.

2 Likes

That would not work in many business, they are running tight ships we are usually understaffed as it is with very high expectations and if I took the odd day off I would not hear the last of it. Our manager is under enough stress as it is with people working slower during the heat. I spend a fair amount of time out the back where its not air conditioner and it feel like a sauna out their during summer wearing a mask is unworkable. As I said before Face shield should of never been banned and was a stupid move by the vic government. I see so many people these days not wearing mask correctly and more and more each day coming in with no mask at all.

30 consecutive days for Victoria.

4 Likes
1 Like

US reported 205,000 new cases on Friday, the day after Thanksgiving.

2 Likes

one thing I have noticed this week is that victoria no longer has any press conferences regrading the daily numbers any more

1 Like

They don’t need too if it’s 0 and there is nothing to update on. We don’t need press conferences for the sake of them.

7 Likes

yes but what I was getting at now we have 0 00 they haven’t have any press conferences for the last week because there was nothing to report

? I think that’s what Chris also said.

1 Like

Victoria’s latest numbers. Sadly a death but now 31 consecutive days with no new cases.

2 Likes

Hong Kong yesterday reported 115 new cases, 109 of which were locally acquired, the highest since August 1. Of those, 62 were linked to the dance venue cluster, bringing the city‘s largest coronavirus outbreak so far to 479 cases.

That is confusing. They say no recovery occurred but haven’t had her as an active case. So I’m confused.

Apparently it was an ongoing complication they’ve had since having the virus, which is why I’m surprised they’ve included it in the tally because it was not directly related to an active case.

1 Like
1 Like

Daniel Andrews said the woman had lung damage from COVID-19 which resulted in her death.

Andrews also announced this morning that a dedicated agency would be set up to run the reset hotel quarantine program to be led by Corrections Commission Emma Cassar. All staff will be exclusively employed or contracted to the program and cleaners will only work at one site. Police presence at hotels will be boosted and Defence Force personnels will also be involved.

Had the Victorian Government accepted the federal government’s offer of ADF personnel for hotel quarantine security months ago, that second wave might not have occurred.

It might not have happened had the federal government not shirked their responsibility for quarantine, nor might have the Ruby Princess debacle either.

(Pushing the job of quarantine onto the states is just Morrison & Dutton avoiding blame when things go wrong.)

The QLD border to Adelaide will stay closed at least for another week when the situation is reassessed. Also announced that from 1am tomorrow, private gatherings in QLD will be lifted to 100 people.

4 Likes

I think that is fair enough. There is a significant risk in SA at the moment and states need to protect their own people. I do find the border closures annoying but there are too many people with no regards to the rules.

2 Likes

Was South Australia still opening its side to Victoria tomorrow?

1 Like

Yep, opening the border to VIC tomorrow.