COVID-19: Discussion of Impact šŸ˜·

Hopefully by the end of the weekend the numbers start to drive down in Victoria. However the fact that 10,000 people have refused tests probably highlights that there are 10,000 people who donā€™t care and are probably breaking the rules. That is concerning.

Itā€™s been quite a steady increase the last few weeks and Trumpā€™s response (or lack of) to this continues to be an absolute joke.

I donā€™t trust this statement. Trump keeps focusing on the number of deaths but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve heard that people dying in homes are not being added to the count. Given the increase the positives in the past week you would think this number would have to rise in the coming days (if it is being reported correctly).

2 Likes
1 Like

What consequences do the security guards face for sleeping with people in quarantine?

It is a huge concern and its so frustrating that so many people are refusing a free test to help the community, their families and themselves.

1 Like

The deadly impact of lifting lockdown too early

1 Like

I thought 80 percent or more of people who get the coronavirus get it mild and survive?

Active cases has been sitting of 2 for a while - now down to 1.

2 Likes

I do wonder though about the other states and how many cases could be going undetected. QLDs testing seems to be quite low.

Much like with WA and SA, the fact that thereā€™s no detected community transmission cases in 4 - 6 weeks would indicate that undetected community transmission is zero in QLD.

Iā€™m not sure about QLD, but WA tested a significant number of front-line staff across all industries to back this up before the last round of restrictions were eased.

In the US. If only they would stop all this testing, then no-one would be positive :wink:

3 Likes

My blind stab in the dark is that the warmer weather in Queensland means fewer people have a regular cold, which means they are less likely to fit the symptoms criteria to go in for what would end up as a negative test.

1 Like

Thereā€™s always going to be a risk that there are people who are asymptomatic that arent being found, but given they are still able to spread the virus, its hard to believe that every person they potentially come in contact with that contracts the virus is also asymptomatic

3 Likes

The Australian saying 108 cases in Vic today. Oh dear. Second highest tally.

2 Likes

Perthā€™s Royal Show to go ahead as planned but it will be different

1 Like

Starting to see a trend with late press conferences and bigger numbers.

Hard lock down of 9 housing estates in North Melbourne and Flemington. Not allowed to leave their homes for the next 5 days. Effective immediately.

2 Likes

Daniel Andrews said in the press release that 23 new cases were identified in public housing estates in North Melbourne and Flemington (see below).

I feel sorry for residents of these estates as some of them wonā€™t even be able to go to work, and some who are outside the estates right now for whatever reasons wonā€™t be allowed to go back inside.
1 Like

Residents will be able to return, but not leave.

2 Likes

They will be allowed back in if theyā€™re already out.

2 Likes